Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-25-2009, 08:40 AM   #1
UchihaNaru
Connoisseur
UchihaNaru is on a distinguished road

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
Reading chm files

I tried to read some chm files but seems like it doesn't really work.

The first file is 170mb, and all that was shown was some jumbled up txts that make no sense and also, it hangs and I need to restart.

I tried another one that is ~1mb and I could read for a few pages before the PP started to hang.

And there's also a weird observation. As I flipped through the pages, the total number of pages actually increases. Eg. (1/10, 2/22, 3/30 etc etc)

I wonder if it is because the PP is not very suited for reading CHM or because my PP is faulty?

Last edited by UchihaNaru; 09-25-2009 at 08:43 AM.
UchihaNaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:00 AM   #2
Morlac
Connoisseur
Morlac doesn't litterMorlac doesn't litter

Device: Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaNaru View Post
I tried to read some chm files but seems like it doesn't really work.

And there's also a weird observation. As I flipped through the pages, the total number of pages actually increases. Eg. (1/10, 2/22, 3/30 etc etc)

I wonder if it is because the PP is not very suited for reading CHM or because my PP is faulty?
Can't speak to the other issues but the pagination issue happens all the time. Basically, the processor is recalculating the number of pages dynamically as it loads the file and fits that to your currently chosen font/font size. Since e-ink screens are static, it can't actually update the total # of pages until you refresh or change the screen -- which you'd usually do by flipping the page.
Morlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2009, 09:07 AM   #3
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I have tried to read chm files that are a lot smaller and I have had no luck on the ezreader basic. They will open but the text is not readable in most cases

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote