Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-12-2010, 08:32 AM   #46
Lexi Revellian
Groupie
Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Quite understood - I hope your holiday is relaxing, if too brief.
Lexi Revellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #47
Lexi Revellian
Groupie
Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For some reason, Amazon is charging $3.44 for the Kindle version of Remix. Perhaps they think I am underselling myself. They may well be right.

But this makes the Smashwords edition a snip at $2.99! I'd snap it up if I were you...
Old 08-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #48
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
It is $2.99 to US customers.

I think the difference is the Whispernet fee & VAT that Amazon charges UK customers. All the more reason to use Smashwords.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:37 AM   #49
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
It is $2.99 to US customers.

I think the difference is the Whispernet fee & VAT that Amazon charges UK customers. All the more reason to use Smashwords.
Thanks for telling me that. And the Smashwords version has the cover image at the start, which I wasn't able to do with the Kindle version.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #50
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I have read perhaps 20% of the book at the moment, and so far it is very nice read.
I will keep you posted.

Thanks again.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:12 PM   #51
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I have read perhaps 20% of the book at the moment, and so far it is very nice read.
I will keep you posted.

Thanks again.
Thanks - feedback is always welcome.

(Heavens, what's this? I am just beginning to check out the emoticons.)
Old 08-16-2010, 11:43 PM   #52
Marioninyc
Marion
Marioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel is

Device: KindleDX
I'm bumping this. Lovely book. My review is up on Smashwords, Amazon and Amazon UK
Marioninyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #53
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

I've just published three short stories on Smashwords, which are free. (A cunning ploy - the idea is, people will read them, then decide to buy Remix. I see no flaw in this plan.)

COMFORTED BY DARKNESS and other stories
Old 08-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #54
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lexi, thank you.

I love short stories, great to read between books, they invariably find their way to the top of my TBR quickly.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:39 AM   #55
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

Quote:
Lexi, thank you.

I love short stories, great to read between books, they invariably find their way to the top of my TBR quickly.
Oh good. I hope you like them.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:20 AM   #56
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Lexi, thank you.

I am in complete agreement with Columbus here! Iʻll check them out (I have your book as well, but havenʻt gotten to it yet, I may get to your short stories faster!)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:53 AM   #57
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I am in complete agreement with Columbus here! Iʻll check them out (I have your book as well, but havenʻt gotten to it yet, I may get to your short stories faster!)
Thanks, Grace, I hope they are to your taste. They are quite short short stories; the last two are under 1,000 words, the first rather longer.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #58
columbus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi Revellian View Post
Oh good. I hope you like them.
I've only read part of the first story & think they are not quite my genre though. Shame. But I'll check the rest anyway.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:59 PM   #59
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

Quote:
I've only read part of the first story & think they are not quite my genre though. Shame. But I'll check the rest anyway.
Don't worry, it's all a matter of taste.

I'm having a difficult day on Amazon - first they translated my US price of $2.99 for Remix the wrong way, making it £3.44 in the UK. When I told them their mistake, and suggested £1.99 was the correct price, they changed the US price to $5.43.

Ah well, no doubt they'll get there in the end. Meanwhile, buy Remix on Smashwords where it's $2.99.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #60
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi Revellian View Post
ficbot, message me a list of any expressions you don't get, and I'll translate. I think most of them are self-explanatory. I remember reading Pollyanna, Little Women and What Katie Did and sometimes being mystified, but it didn't stop my enjoyment of the books. I still don't know what 'grits' are, but sort of gathered you have them for breakfast in America.

I did change to double speech marks as I know that's what is normal for Americans.

Grits are a type of cornmeal mush, like polenta, only made from white corn (hominy).

Only Southerners eat them nowadays, which is sad, because cheese grits are the food of the gods.

And yes, I did have them for breakfast today.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compelling, easy read, feel good, free, page turner