Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-07-2009, 08:17 AM   #1
disney_mommy
Ebook fanatic
disney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kindle Keyboard
Need Suggestions for Non-Leather Cover/Case

I have a recently purchased K2 (love it!) and am looking for a great cover for it.

I have a Borsa Bella bag that I am quite pleased with, but I would like a cover for the K2, to use in addition to the bag.

The Oberon covers are gorgeous, but alas, I am anti-leather. I like the M Edge covers, but they are so plain.

Can anyone suggest an alternative? Maybe with the style and looks of an Oberon cover, but animal friendly...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
disney_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Here's a start!

Stragedog
iBeauty

eBay1
eBay2 - more colors available from the seller
CaseCrown
- more colors and styles available from the seller
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2009, 12:04 AM   #3
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_mommy View Post
I have a recently purchased K2 (love it!) and am looking for a great cover for it.
The Oberon covers are gorgeous, but alas, I am anti-leather. I like the M Edge covers, but they are so plain.
Can anyone suggest an alternative? Maybe with the style and looks of an Oberon cover, but animal friendly...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
These are plain, but non-leather, eco-friendly and are highly recommended: http://www.marware.com/PRODUCTS/Kind...for-Kindle-2-0

Another option is to get a plain cover and slipcover it with a new TrendyDigital slipcover, which I have purchased.
http://trendydigital.com/index.php?m...dex&cPath=4_13
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #4
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
I use the Kindle slipcases from sfbags.com for both my K1 and my DX. They've worked very well for me.
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:49 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But slipcases/sleeves do not give any protection if dropped while not in the slipcase/sleeve. That is why we need our readers to have a proper cover.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #6
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
JSWolf, the slipcases from sfbags (Waterfield) are padded on both sides, plus there's a stiffener of some kind on the screen side (I'm guessing something like Timtex, but I don't know). I'm not sure a cover would help with being dropped, but I think the sfbag slipcase would probably protect it as much. Fortunately, no experience here to judge.

I have both the (leather) M-Edge platform jacket and the slipcase and I find that while the M-Edge is beautiful (purple! ) and fits well, I like the slipcase for everyday use. Not sure why other than it's easy to get to (no fiddling with straps I don't know where to put) and since I'm just holding the DX when I read and not the DX + leather jacket, it is quite a bit lighter.

But, of course, everyone's experience is different.
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:26 PM   #7
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Hi,
I just reviewed a new case by Javoedge that is animal friendly, the inside is imitation leather and feels very soft and real. The outside uses a unique natural fiber...
click the link below for pics and the full review.
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote