Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-10-2009, 02:22 AM   #1
techie_007
Enthusiast
techie_007 is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Recommended accessories for the PRS-505?

Ok, so I am planning to finally get the PRS-505 (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=techie_007).

Last minute queries, what accessories should I get with it?

1. Bookarmor case. This seems to be a good case from what I have been reading on the forums, and should help protect it well especially considering I am going to be in a country without any direct warranty/repair support etc.

http://omniscience-inc.amazonwebstor...B001M23YJE.htm

2. Need some sort of light for night reading etc, looked at the wedge case, but it doesnt seem to have very good reviews. I am scared of damaging the screen with hte pressure caused by the wedge, + the not so uniform lighting and the easily caused scratches etc pretty much kill it for me.

Any good quality LED lights etc someone has used for this thing? Amazon US/US based links please

3. Any other useful accessories I should be considering?

Thanks
techie_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:27 AM   #2
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
consider getting
--a charger -- like the one used for the Sony PSP.
--SD memory card to store more books
--separate mp3 player/headphones -- if you use the internal player, the battery life will really drop
--a comfortable chair with a good light source next to it.....

Enjoy!!!
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
The Mighty Bright LED booklight is pretty good.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:18 AM   #4
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Verilux is a good light for Sony Reader.

Before you order book armour, consider a simple DVD tin box. It might serve you better.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:05 AM   #5
techie_007
Enthusiast

@gardenstate: The charger/SD card etc I can pick up locally if I feel I need those.

What I am looking at here is stuff I should pick up from Amazon/US stores which buying the reader initially and which would not be available locally.

Will check out mighty bright and verilux.

@astra: The tin box thing 'may' work, but then again, I may not be able to order the cover for a while if theres no one coming over form the US, so dont want to take that chance
Advert
Old 02-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
I use the M-Edge Mocha case and a Mighty Bright light - both from Amazon. I would recommend getting the AC adapter for the Mighty Bright, and/or some rechargeable AAA batteries.

Whatever light you end up getting, make sure the batteries are readily available and cheap!
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I use both the MEdge Executive and Leisure cases and am very pleased with both. The Leisure cover gives good protection both for travel and at the beach, gym, boat etc.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:44 AM   #8
techie_007
Enthusiast

Ordered the PRS 505 @ 269 (bhphotovideo)

+ skipped the light for now. Dont think I am going anywhere that dark

Also ordered the BookArmor case @40$ all incl.

Will post impressions once I get it
Old 02-21-2009, 08:12 AM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by techie_007 View Post
Ordered the PRS 505 @ 269 (bhphotovideo)

+ skipped the light for now. Dont think I am going anywhere that dark

Also ordered the BookArmor case @40$ all incl.

Will post impressions once I get it
Congrats! I hope you love it! I use just a clip on booklight for reading at night, works well enough for me.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote