Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-07-2009, 07:36 AM   #1
bentley
bentley began at the beginning.

Device: none
Firmware update?

How do I know when I need to update the firmware on my reader?

Thanks!
bentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
shadrock
shadrock began at the beginning.

Device: 505
Checking the sony support for the reader and checking your reader about, also there is another firmware you can "update" at your risk, google it
shadrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
jedavis1
Zealot
jedavis1 doesn't litterjedavis1 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Umm, what other firmware are you talking about? There is PRSCustomizer that customizes the current version of the firmware and there are region specific firmware but there isn't any other firmware that I am aware of... Please point me in the right direction so I can try it.

Open Inkpot isn't available for the PRS yet, is that what you are talking about?

PS: I have googled and come up blank.
jedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:47 AM   #4
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
There's the official Sony firmware update to 1.1 from 1.0 for those with older US-sourced 505s, plus there's the tweaks based on Universial Flasher/PRSCustomizer, which I expect is the "other" one.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:07 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley View Post
How do I know when I need to update the firmware on my reader?

Thanks!
You never "need" to update it.

Sony's eBook Librarian program will tell you when a new firmware update becomes available, but whether or not you choose to install it is entirely your decision.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert