Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 01:59 AM   #181
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
the replace box in search seems to magnetically attract trailing speces.

try highlighting a single word of text then copy/paste it to both find & replace. now carefully examine the replace box & I think you will find an extra trailing space. I do anyway!

I also get this phenomenon which may already have been reported and blamed on QT. I want to fix a spurious paragraph break in book view so I put cursor at start of 2nd para & hit "back". that joins them but now I need a space at the join point so I hit space bar & text to right of newly entered space all becomes highlighted up to end of sentence.
I have to change my workflow & put the space at start of para 2 to before joining the pars to stop that happening.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:51 AM   #182
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
the replace box in search seems to magnetically attract trailing speces.

try highlighting a single word of text then copy/paste it to both find & replace. now carefully examine the replace box & I think you will find an extra trailing space. I do anyway!
Not a behaviour I have seen/can replicate. Book View or Code View? Double-click or mouse selection? Are you sure the space wasn't already in your Replace box? Give some exact steps if you are seeing it consistently with details of OS etc.

The only thing close to this is the line feed character in Code View, which "looks" like a space (but isn't). That isn't new behaviour though. There is no Sigil code involved in the copy/paste process, with the exception of a workaround for a Windows bug where copy operations fail intermittently (Sigil will now retry the copy silently rather than display the error).
Quote:
I also get this phenomenon which may already have been reported and blamed on QT. I want to fix a spurious paragraph break in book view so I put cursor at start of 2nd para & hit "back". that joins them but now I need a space at the join point so I hit space bar & text to right of newly entered space all becomes highlighted up to end of sentence.
I have to change my workflow & put the space at start of para 2 to before joining the pars to stop that happening.
It has come up a number of times, and I believe meme has added it to the FAQ. It is a Qt bug which we can do nothing about. Calibre has the same issue if you try it in the Coments field of the editor. All you can do is either:
(a) just ignore it (the selection shown is not a "real" selection and has no impact on functionality)
(b) change your workflow as you have done, so the insertion of text happens before the deletion
(c) after it occurs, click with the mouse to make a new selection that overlaps and it will magically disappear like clearing a magic slate.
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #183
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
trailing space issue yes it seems that the space was already in the replace box memorized items.
this is a subtle one to reproduce consistently, but sometimes & only sometimes it seems, the replace box will try to anticipate what you are typing and as soon as it gets a partial match it auto completes - sometimes with a trailing space.

in my case, even with a new document, as soon as I type f into replace box, it auto-completes to ff ( as that is something I must have used in the past.

what this seems to mean in practice is that once you have used a replace phrase with a trailing space, even in error, the program thinks that is what you want to do next time around and unless you spot that it has "helpfully" added the space you'll make the same mistake twice.

I forget where the discussion on clearing previous entries ended up...

I see , as another example that every time I put \1 in replace field the program decides I want
\1—\2
as it has memorised that from some other book

so there is no way to get just \1 unless I type \1 then some other letter, then erase the last letter typed!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #184
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Ahhh yes, the autocomplete. Yeah that has already been changed for the next build so now it only pops up rather than forces an autocompletion on you.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #185
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Moderator Notice
Closing due to new beta.
Advert
Closed Thread