Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Kindle Collections for Calibre doesn't work with the Kindle Touch!

I just read this on the thread for the Kindle Collections plugin for Calibre. This is seriously going to mess with my world if I get a Kindle Touch.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Then this will probably help .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
ChrisKaos
Enthusiast
ChrisKaos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Then this will probably help .
This doesn't work with 5.1 yet.
ChrisKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #4
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
You may try it with the new launcher ( which works in 5.1.0)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
ChrisKaos
Enthusiast
ChrisKaos began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
You may try it with the new launcher ( which works in 5.1.0)
I have 5.1 and the new launcher, and sumpin's extension doesn't work with it. I PMed him though and he said he would update it soon.
ChrisKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
You have to jailbreak to get that to work. I don't want to jailbreak.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #7
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
If you do not want to jailbreak then your best option, which is not 100% accurate, will be to use one of the kindle for pc/mac apps and maintain your collections there and import them into the Touch. Collections are very difficult to keep maintained on the Touch which is what caused me to sell my Touch and get the K4.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #8
guspasho
Connoisseur
guspasho began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
If you do not want to jailbreak then your best option, which is not 100% accurate, will be to use one of the kindle for pc/mac apps and maintain your collections there and import them into the Touch. Collections are very difficult to keep maintained on the Touch which is what caused me to sell my Touch and get the K4.
Having used both, how do you like the K4 in comparison to the Touch? Do you find the lack of keyboard to be a nuisance? Do you appreciate the lighter weight?
guspasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #9
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by guspasho View Post
Having used both, how do you like the K4 in comparison to the Touch? Do you find the lack of keyboard to be a nuisance? Do you appreciate the lighter weight?
I do not use the keyboard that often so I do not mind it when I have to use it. As to weight it is a little lighter but not by a significant amount. But overall I like the K4 better because it has the previous/next page buttons on both sides of the device. Something that makes it more convenient to use either hand to hold the device one-handed and use your thumb to turn the pages. With the Touch you did not have this convenience and I missed it from my K2. Manually moving books in and out of collections seems more tedious with the buttons than on the Touch but then I do not have to use this that much since I use the Calibre plugin to manage my collections, something else I missed tremendously when I had the Touch.

And here's a piece of irony for you, I just won a Touch in a contest I entered, so now I have to decide if I want to keep it as a backup or sell it to one of my family members.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote