Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
penworth
penworth began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Rooting Help!

Hey guys, I used the auto-nooter tool but I must have messed up pretty badly.

So I was rooting the thing, but I panicked at some point because the screen wasn't changing. So I turned it back on, but the android setup came up, but it didn't continue after choosing a location. So I thought, "hey I should just erase and deregister my nook so that I have no problem," so I did that.

But when my nook boots up though, it has an option between choosing the quick start and the google android market setup thingy. I did a factory reset (the holding of the home and power button) to reset the thing, but when it boots up, you still have to choose between the two!

So I chose the quick-start, but when I have to login using the wi-fi to register my device, no keyboard shows up! Interesting thing too, when I choose to go with the android setup, I can see my device info, and the nook software's at version 1.0.1 but no user account registered under it. I can probably read some books too while I'm at it.

BTW, at some points the lower left screen has the sd card symbol on it. I think I interrupted the installation.

Anyone has any idea on how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated!
penworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
People have shared what worked for them in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=114387

You'll have to disregard the off topic discussion.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NOOKcolor
You also need to undo the autonooter. In the thread SCION posted, make sure you do the 8X thing.
PegS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
penworth

Thanks guys, will try this as soon as possible!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
penworth

Okay, I can't get the 8x thing to work. I can get it 2x, but it manages to boot on the 3x. Any tips on doing it?
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My help is hearsay as I've never had to do this...

Some folks have mentioned that you need to let it boot up to the first "n" that shows, then power off again. Doing the same thing 7 more times. The key seems to be letting it get to the first "n".
Old 01-20-2011, 06:25 PM   #7
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Having been there myself, I know it's frustrating. I just put it aside for a full day and tried again. It still took a few times to get it to work so just keep trying.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:56 PM   #8
penworth

Hey guys! Thanks a lot for the help! Scion's advice seems to have nailed it! I'd like to confirm that the hearsay technique Scion said works very well!

Thanks again!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant

That's great!!! Make sure you pass on the advice when and where needed.