Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #1
lookout
lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle 4NT
WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE not working on K4NT

I have a problem with by Kindle 4NT, I have been attempting to get it to connect to a WIFI access point without an internet connection. I believe the solution is to include WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE in the root directory which I have done. Unfortunately this does not work for me and I am unable to establish a connection. If on the AP I connect to the internet I can get a connection. Just to be shore it wasn't my settings I also tried my home router with the same results with and without the internet.

I am version running on the kindle is 4.1.1

I have done quite a bit of reading on this forum and other sites and cannot find a solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
lookout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I vaguely recall that it retrieves the same construct from the same location every time.
I suppose - worst case scenario - you could emulate that retrieval "on device" with a hack of /etc/hosts and a tiny http service.

Does the usbnet package include such a thing? I forget.

One last question... are you running windows??
All too easy to end up with a WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE.txt file and not notice on that OS.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
lookout
lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

I was using windows, but just double checked the file on a Linux box and it is ok, no extension.

I was wondering if there was a way of emulating the process, any pointer as to how to do this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, the httpd applet is built into the busybox shipped with UBNetwork.

I can't recall the particulars of this, but do check you do mean the right thing by 'root'. (i.e is it supposed to be at the root of the fs (/), or at the root of the userstore (USB) (/mnt/us)?)
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It would be worth checking what was in your.
/etc/upstart/wifid.conf file.
(assuming you can connect via ssh)
ref: http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...d.php?t=199951

Hmmm... okay. just hooked up my 4 and note that it doesnt use Upstart hehehehe.
ooookay then.scratch that idea.

EDIT:
/opt/var/local/system/wifid.conf ? - Nope nothing helpful...
/var/local/system/wifid.conf - meh no.

I'm having a hunt around...

Last edited by twobob; 10-25-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Advert
Old 10-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #6
lookout

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Yep, the httpd applet is built into the busybox shipped with UBNetwork.

I can't recall the particulars of this, but do check you do mean the right thing by 'root'. (i.e is it supposed to be at the root of the fs (/), or at the root of the userstore (USB) (/mnt/us)?)
It is in /mnt/us
Old 10-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
lookout

EDIT:
Quote:
/opt/var/local/system/wifid.conf ? - Nope nothing helpful...
/var/local/system/wifid.conf - meh no.

I'm having a hunt around...
Thanks you your help , that explains why I couldn't find it.

Last edited by twobob; 10-25-2013 at 01:23 PM. Reason: fixed [/QUOTE]
Old 10-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
twobob

here are 1300+ highly unexciting lines from the device that contain the word WIFI.

happy hunting...

EDIT: I stripped out the REALLY dull stuff for you..

Spoiler:
Quote:
/var/local/java/prefs/com.amazon.ebook.framework/Features:hardware.wifi=true
/var/local/java/prefs/com.amazon.ebook.booklet.home/com.amazon.ebook.booklet.home.prefs:wifi.dialog.al ready.shown=true
/var/local/system/hid.csv:Hatchards WiFi, @kindle.com, uk, RFF-main, RFF, wispr-1.0-rff, rff=y, rff_logout=http://hotspot.nevayawifi.net/xml/logout, rff_timeout=3480
/var/local/system/hid.csv:Hodges Figgis WiFi, @kindle.com, uk, RFF-main, RFF, wispr-1.0-rff, rff=y, rff_logout=http://hotspot.nevayawifi.net/xml/logout, rff_timeout=3480
/var/local/system/hid.csv:Waterstones WiFi, @kindle.com, uk, RFF-main, RFF, wispr-1.0-rff, rff=y, rff_logout=http://hotspot.nevayawifi.net/xml/logout, rff_timeout=3480
/var/local/system/hid.csv:attwifi, @kindle.com, us, ATT-main, ATT, wispr-1.0-att, cn=secure.wayport.com, an=secure.att.com
/opt/var/local/system/wifid.conf:# wifid persistent settings
/opt/var/local/system/hid.csv:attwifi, @kindle.com, us, ATT-main, ATT, wispr-1.0-att, cn=secure.wayport.com, an=secure.att.com
/opt/var/local/system/hid.csv:Waterstones WiFi, @kindle.com, uk, RFF-main, RFF, wispr-1.0-rff, rff=y, rff_logout=http://hotspot.nevayawifi.net/xml/logout, rff_timeout=3480
/opt/var/local/system/hid.csv:Hatchards WiFi, @kindle.com, uk, RFF-main, RFF, wispr-1.0-rff, rff=y, rff_logout=http://hotspot.nevayawifi.net/xml/logout, rff_timeout=3480
/opt/var/local/system/hid.csv:Hodges Figgis WiFi, @kindle.com, uk, RFF-main, RFF, wispr-1.0-rff, rff=y, rff_logout=http://hotspot.nevayawifi.net/xml/logout, rff_timeout=3480
/opt/amazon/ebook/config/Features.conf:hardware.wifi=false
/etc/kdb.src/yoshi/system/daemon/powerd/suspend_levels: 0x4C0 (fw at 10, cmd 7, wan/wifi 6, testd 1)
/etc/kdb.src/yoshi/system/daemon/cmd/interfaces/interface1/name:wifi
/etc/kdb.src/yoshi/system/daemon/cmd/interfaces/interface1/lipcname:com.lab126.wifid
/etc/kdb.src/yoshi/system/daemon/pmond/wifid/pid_file:/var/run/wifid.pid
/etc/kdb.src/yoshi/system/daemon/pmond/wifid/config_name:wifid
/etc/kdb.src/yoshi/system/daemon/pmond/wifid/start_cmd:/usr/sbin/wifid -f
/etc/kdb.src/yoshi/system/daemon/wifid/PID_FILE:/var/run/wifid.pid
/etc/kdb.src/yoshi/system/daemon/wifid/PROBE_PATH:/kindle-wifi/wifistub.html
/etc/kdb.src/yoshi/system/daemon/wifid/WIFI_SYS_ENTRY:/sys/devices/system/wifi/wifi0/wifi_enable
/etc/kdb.src/yoshi/system/daemon/wifid/WIFI_DRIVER_SCRIPT:/etc/init.d/wifi
/etc/kdb.src/yoshi/system/daemon/wifid/WIFI_POWER_CYCLE_SYS_ENTRY:/sys/devices/system/wifi/wifi0/wifi_reset
/etc/kdb.src/yoshi/system/daemon/wifid/WIFI_DRIVER_SCRIPT_STOP:/etc/init.d/wifi stop
/etc/rc3.d/K35pre-wifid:NAME="pre-wifid"
/etc/rc3.d/K35pre-wifid:LOAD_AR6k_CMD="/etc/init.d/wifi"
/etc/rc3.d/K35pre-wifid:UNLOAD_AR6k_CMD="/etc/init.d/wifi stop"
/etc/rc3.d/K30wifid:NAME="wifid"
/etc/rc3.d/K30wifid:DAEMON=/usr/sbin/wifid
/etc/rc3.d/K30wifid:CONF_NAME=wifid
/etc/rc3.d/K30wifid: F=var/local/system/wifid.conf ; [ -e /opt/$F -a ! -s /$F ] && cp /opt/$F /$F
/etc/rc3.d/K30wifid: msg "Not starting wifid - found WIFIOFF" I
/etc/rc0.d/K35pre-wifid:NAME="pre-wifid"
/etc/rc0.d/K35pre-wifid:LOAD_AR6k_CMD="/etc/init.d/wifi"
/etc/rc0.d/K35pre-wifid:UNLOAD_AR6k_CMD="/etc/init.d/wifi stop"
/etc/rc0.d/K30wifid:NAME="wifid"
/etc/rc0.d/K30wifid:DAEMON=/usr/sbin/wifid
/etc/rc0.d/K30wifid:CONF_NAME=wifid
/etc/rc0.d/K30wifid: F=var/local/system/wifid.conf ; [ -e /opt/$F -a ! -s /$F ] && cp /opt/$F /$F
/etc/rc0.d/K30wifid: msg "Not starting wifid - found WIFIOFF" I
/etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf:filter f_not_netlog { not match("wifid\\[") and not match("cmd\\[") and not match("wand\\[") and not match("udhcpc\\["); };
/etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf:filter f_netlog { match("wifid\\[") or match("cmd\\[") or match("wand\\["); };
/etc/rc.d/functions:export PATH # Give init.d scripts spawned by wifid an inheritable PATH
/etc/rc1.d/K35pre-wifid:NAME="pre-wifid"
/etc/rc1.d/K35pre-wifid:LOAD_AR6k_CMD="/etc/init.d/wifi"
/etc/rc1.d/K35pre-wifid:UNLOAD_AR6k_CMD="/etc/init.d/wifi stop"
/etc/rc1.d/K30wifid:NAME="wifid"
/etc/rc1.d/K30wifid:DAEMON=/usr/sbin/wifid
/etc/rc1.d/K30wifid:CONF_NAME=wifid
/etc/rc1.d/K30wifid: F=var/local/system/wifid.conf ; [ -e /opt/$F -a ! -s /$F ] && cp /opt/$F /$F
/etc/rc1.d/K30wifid: msg "Not starting wifid - found WIFIOFF" I
/etc/init.d/wifid:NAME="wifid"
/etc/init.d/wifid:DAEMON=/usr/sbin/wifid
/etc/init.d/wifid:CONF_NAME=wifid
/etc/init.d/wifid: F=var/local/system/wifid.conf ; [ -e /opt/$F -a ! -s /$F ] && cp /opt/$F /$F
/etc/init.d/wifid: msg "Not starting wifid - found WIFIOFF" I
/etc/init.d/pre-wifid:NAME="pre-wifid"
/etc/init.d/pre-wifid:LOAD_AR6k_CMD="/etc/init.d/wifi"
/etc/init.d/pre-wifid:UNLOAD_AR6k_CMD="/etc/init.d/wifi stop"
/etc/init.d/wifi:LOGFILE=/var/log/wifichipdbglog.out
/etc/init.d/wifi: logger -t system "C wifim:loadhang:$ARGS:timeout loading wifi driver - rebooting..."
/etc/init.d/wifi: logger -t system "I wifim:load:$ARGS:finished loading wifi driver"
/etc/init.d/wifi: logger -t system "E wifim:loadfail:$ARGS:loading wifi driver failed"
/etc/init.d/wifi: logger -t system "C wifim:unloadhang:$ARGS:timeout unloading wifi driver - rebooting..."
/etc/init.d/wifi: logger -t system "I wifim:unload:$ARGS:finished unloading wifi driver"
/etc/init.d/wifi: logger -t system "E wifim:unloadfail:$ARGS:unloading wifi driver failed"
/etc/init.d/wifi: logger -t system "E wifim:illaction:action=$1:illegal init.d action"
/etc/rc4.d/K35pre-wifid:NAME="pre-wifid"
/etc/rc4.d/K35pre-wifid:LOAD_AR6k_CMD="/etc/init.d/wifi"
/etc/rc4.d/K35pre-wifid:UNLOAD_AR6k_CMD="/etc/init.d/wifi stop"
/etc/rc4.d/K30wifid:NAME="wifid"
/etc/rc4.d/K30wifid:DAEMON=/usr/sbin/wifid
/etc/rc4.d/K30wifid:CONF_NAME=wifid
/etc/rc4.d/K30wifid: F=var/local/system/wifid.conf ; [ -e /opt/$F -a ! -s /$F ] && cp /opt/$F /$F
/etc/rc4.d/K30wifid: msg "Not starting wifid - found WIFIOFF" I
/etc/rc2.d/K35pre-wifid:NAME="pre-wifid"
/etc/rc2.d/K35pre-wifid:LOAD_AR6k_CMD="/etc/init.d/wifi"
/etc/rc2.d/K35pre-wifid:UNLOAD_AR6k_CMD="/etc/init.d/wifi stop"
/etc/rc2.d/K30wifid:NAME="wifid"
/etc/rc2.d/K30wifid:DAEMON=/usr/sbin/wifid
/etc/rc2.d/K30wifid:CONF_NAME=wifid
/etc/rc2.d/K30wifid: F=var/local/system/wifid.conf ; [ -e /opt/$F -a ! -s /$F ] && cp /opt/$F /$F
/etc/rc2.d/K30wifid: msg "Not starting wifid - found WIFIOFF" I
/etc/lipc-daemon-events.conf:networkTime com.lab126.wifid /usr/sbin/setdate
/etc/rc5.d/S70wifid:NAME="wifid"
/etc/rc5.d/S70wifid:DAEMON=/usr/sbin/wifid
/etc/rc5.d/S70wifid:CONF_NAME=wifid
/etc/rc5.d/S70wifid: F=var/local/system/wifid.conf ; [ -e /opt/$F -a ! -s /$F ] && cp /opt/$F /$F
/etc/rc5.d/S70wifid: msg "Not starting wifid - found WIFIOFF" I
/etc/rc5.d/S03pre-wifid:NAME="pre-wifid"
/etc/rc5.d/S03pre-wifid:LOAD_AR6k_CMD="/etc/init.d/wifi"
/etc/rc5.d/S03pre-wifid:UNLOAD_AR6k_CMD="/etc/init.d/wifi stop"
/etc/rc6.d/K30wifid:NAME="wifid"
/etc/rc6.d/K30wifid:DAEMON=/usr/sbin/wifid
/etc/rc6.d/K30wifid:CONF_NAME=wifid
/etc/rc6.d/K30wifid: F=var/local/system/wifid.conf ; [ -e /opt/$F -a ! -s /$F ] && cp /opt/$F /$F
/etc/rc6.d/K30wifid: msg "Not starting wifid - found WIFIOFF" I
usr/bin/browserd:com.lab126.wifi
/usr/bin/browserd:wifi
/usr/bin/browserd:com.lab126.wifid
/usr/bin/browserd:Couldn't find 'currentEssid' even though interface is wifi. Ignoring WiFi proxy settings.
/usr/bin/browserd:connected='no' even though interface is wifi. Ignoring WiFi proxy settings.
/usr/sbin/tmd:_ZN3tmd27network_wifi_pending_ensureE
/usr/sbin/tmd:_ZN3tmd18network_wifi_retryE
/usr/sbin/tmd:lipc_wifid_get_ssid
/usr/sbin/tmd:wifi_transport
/usr/sbin/tmd:wifi:
/usr/sbin/tmd:LipcUnpackHash (response, 1, unpack_metered_location_wifi, &metered_location_wifi)
/usr/sbin/tmd:LipcUnpackHash (response, 0, unpack_wifi_proxy_properties, &wifi_proxy_properties)
/usr/sbin/tmd:E wifid_get_ssid:nonewha:LipcHasharrayNew ret = 0:
/usr/sbin/tmd:com.lab126.wifid
/usr/sbin/tmd:D lipc_wifid_get_ssid:connected=%s,essid='%s' (%s:%s:%d)
/usr/sbin/tmd:I tq:dump_queues:max_id_so_far = %d, current_network = %s, next_retry = %s, any_transport = %s, wifi_transport = %s:
/usr/sbin/tmd:D recompute_retry_time:sooner_time:transport=wifi,tr ansport_next_try=%s,next_retry=%s (%s:%s:%d)
/usr/sbin/tmd:D recompute_retry_time:later_time:transport=wifi,tra nsport_next_try=%s,next_retry=%s (%s:%s:%d)
/usr/sbin/tmd:D request_upload:request_received:id=%d, url = "%s", source = "%s", priority = %d, wifi = %d, wan = %d, any = %d, notify = %ds "%s" "%s", hdrs = "%s", type = %s, client_data = "%s", unique_id = "%s" (%s:%s:%d)
/usr/sbin/tmd:D request_download:request_received:id=%d, url = "%s", dest = "%s", priority = %d, wifi = %d, wan = %d, any = %d, notify = %ds "%s" "%s", hdrs = "%s", type = %s, client_data = "%s", unique_id = "%s" (%s:%s:%d)
/usr/sbin/tmd:transport_wifi
/usr/sbin/tmd:_ZL28unpack_metered_location_wifi
/usr/sbin/tmd:_ZL28unpack_wifi_proxy_properties
/usr/sbin/tmd:_ZZL19lipc_wifid_get_ssidP25ParamsInterfacePro pertiesE8__func__
/usr/sbin/tmd:_ZN3tmd27network_wifi_pending_ensureE
/usr/sbin/tmd:_ZN3tmd18network_wifi_retryE
/usr/sbin/phd:wifi_apparently_down
/usr/sbin/phd:com.lab126.wifid
/usr/sbin/phd:D sysstate:now: wsw=%d->%d, susp=%d->%d, wen=%d->%d, netup=%d->%d, wifi=%d->%d (%s:%s:%d)
/usr/sbin/phd:wifi
/usr/sbin/phd:D wifi_apparently_down:no_wifi: msg = %s (%s:%s:%d)
/usr/sbin/phd:W open_lipc:lipc_get_active_interface_failed:status = %d:assuming wifi & netwk disabled
/usr/sbin/phd:D sph:newitem: n = %d (%d of %d), days = 0x%08x,0x%x, time = %s, wifi_flag = %d: (%s:%s:%d)
/usr/sbin/phd:wifi_change_handler
/usr/sbin/phd:D udp_tph:wifi_change: telling receiver to restart (%s:%s:%d)
/usr/sbin/phd:E udp_tph:wifi_change_wakeup_fail:errno = %s (%d):
/usr/sbin/phd:_ZZN3phd20wifi_apparently_downEPKcE8__func__
/usr/sbin/phd:_ZN7UDP_TPHL19wifi_change_handlerEN3phd7PhdHoo kEPKvPv
/usr/sbin/phd:_ZZN7UDP_TPHL19wifi_change_handlerEN3phd7PhdHo okEPKvPvE8__func__
/usr/sbin/phd:_ZN3phd20wifi_apparently_downEPKc
/usr/sbin/phd:_ZN3phd9wifi_modeE
/usr/sbin/system_state:#wifi=$(echo "$NETSTAT" | grep ppp0)
/usr/sbin/system_state:#parse_net_data wifi "$wifi"
/usr/sbin/system_state:#gen_net_log bTx_wifi ${bTx_wifi}
/usr/sbin/system_state:#gen_net_log nTx_wifi ${nTx_wifi}
/usr/sbin/system_state:#gen_net_log bRx_wifi ${bRx_wifi}
/usr/sbin/system_state:#gen_net_log nRx_wifi ${nRx_wifi}
/usr/sbin/system_state:#dbTx_wifi=${dbTx_wifi}, dnTx_wifi=${dnTx_wifi}, dbRx_wifi=${dbRx_wifi}, dnRx_wifi=${dnRx_wifi}:" I "ninfo"
/usr/sbin/cmd:W def:errdefgw::No default route present, check wifid logs for ifdown without cmConnected event
/usr/sbin/wifid:wifid.cpp
/usr/sbin/wifid:Usage: wifid [-f] [-d[dd]] [-r] [-c <conf file>]
/usr/sbin/wifid: -c: specify config file instead of default /var/local/system/wifid.conf
/usr/sbin/wifid:/var/local/system/wifid.conf
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/
/usr/sbin/wifid:I main:progress:logmask=%X :starting wifid...::~:
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/PID_FILE
/usr/sbin/wifid:cp /var/log/wifichipdbglog.out /var/log/blackbox/wifichipdbg-%s.log
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/WIFI_SYS_ENTRY
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/WIFI_POWER_CYCLE_SYS_ENTRY
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/WIFI_DRIVER_SCRIPT
/usr/sbin/wifid:Failed to load atheros wifi driver
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/WIFI_DRIVER_SCRIPT_STOP
/usr/sbin/wifid:Failed to unload atheros wifi driver
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/WIFI_WPASUP_SCRIPT
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/WIFI_WPASUP_SCRIPT_STOP
/usr/sbin/wifid:cat %s | logger -t wifid
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/DSN_PROC_ENTRY
/usr/sbin/wifid:com.lab126.wifid
/usr/sbin/wifid:E sysev:wifiPowerSave failed:reason=%s:
/usr/sbin/wifid:W sysev:uprocessed:wifi-ev=%d:
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/PROBE_DOMAIN
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/PROBE_CACHE
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/PROBE_SYNC
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/IFUP_CMD_wLOG
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/ACTIVATE_DNS_CMD
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/IFUP_CLEANUP
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/IFCLEARIP_CMD
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/MY_FILE_UUID
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/RESOLV_MASTER
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/IFUP_LOG_FILE
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/AMZN_NS
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/PROBE_HOST
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/PROBE_PATH
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/BAD_AP_TIMEOUT
/usr/sbin/wifid:wifiPowerSave
/usr/sbin/wifid:system/daemon/wifid/CURL_UA
/lib/modules/2.6.31-rt11-lab126/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ar6003/ar6003.ko:<6>kernel: I perf:wifi:wifi_driver_loaded=
/lib/modules/2.6.31-rt11-lab126/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ar6003/ar6003.ko:gpio_wifi_power_enable
/test/unit_tests/wpa_supplicant-3.0/wpa_supplicant.sh:#Stop all the wifi related daemons, unload driver etc
Attached Files
File Type: txt wifi.txt (100.1 KB, 310 views)

Last edited by twobob; 10-25-2013 at 11:04 AM. Reason: I took pity and stripped out the unit tests...
Old 10-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #9
lookout

Cheers,

That will give me something to do, I will see if I can stumble on anything
Old 10-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #10
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout View Post
I believe the solution is to include WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE in the root directory which I have done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hmmm....

Did you get a special firmware build from Amazon?
Otherwise:

IN THE ROOT OF THE USB STORAGE area exported to the user (internal path /mnt/us).
NOT in the root of the filesystem (internal path / ).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #11
lookout

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Hmmm....

Did you get a special firmware build from Amazon?
Otherwise:

IN THE ROOT OF THE USB STORAGE area exported to the user (internal path /mnt/us).
NOT in the root of the filesystem (internal path / ).
Sorry, bad terminology on my part, the file is in the root of the USB storage (internal path /mnt/us). I have checked this a couple of times to be certain.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:20 AM   #12
lookout

I have rerun the list for files with WIFI in them Twobob as you had a number of directories that I do no, I suspect you have some other stuff loaded.

I have sorted them in excel by the file which makes it easier to read through, file attached.

I have had a good look through and have not found anything that is obvious to me, although I probably do not really know what I am looking for, any pointers?

Twobob, you mentioned in your original reply that "I vaguely recall that it retrieves the same construct from the same location every time." do you have any more info on this, maybe I can do something at the AP to emulate the Amazon service.
Attached Files
File Type: zip wifi.zip (30.1 KB, 322 views)
Old 10-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #13
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Interesting.
Here is a question not asked before
what are you expectig that flag file to do?

and is that the correct name for the K4?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #14
twobob

erm. I wrote this up one time before.

I'll try and find it
Old 10-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #15
twobob

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=188439 There