Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 05:34 AM   #1
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
15% off orders at cyberread.com until 15.12.09

From email from cyberread:

We moved into some new offices yesterday.

Air conditioning bill looks to be steep.

So, as always, I'm hoping you can celebrate with us. Here's a code for 15% off any orders between now and 12/15/09.

The code is: HMAGAIN

http://www.cyberread.com/
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:12 AM   #2
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Thank you! It looks like Cyberread is one of the very few remaining sites where I can actually buy e-books, but their prices are rather high, so this is a promotion I will probably take advantage of
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 06:24 AM   #3
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You might want to take advantage of this:
http://www.cyberread.com/book-reviews

They have a great review system and it's quite easy to create a decent review.

Granted, after I wrote two reviews, it took two weeks a little gentle nagging for me to get my coupon, but they might well have been very busy right then. It's a new feature so I expect the review process will get quicker.

Their prices seem quite fair overall - the books I've looked up can compete with Amazon's European prices.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:34 AM   #4
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, I'll have a look! Cyberread's prices are significantly higher than Books on Board or Fictionwise, but I can't buy from them any longer due to format and geographical restrictions
Old 12-09-2009, 06:40 AM   #5
Ea
Wizard

I haven't had a problem with that yet at cyberread. I wouldn't say that their prices are significantly higher than BoB - at least not the books I've bought lately.
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 08:31 AM   #6
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
I haven't had a problem with that yet at cyberread. I wouldn't say that their prices are significantly higher than BoB - at least not the books I've bought lately.
Mmm, maybe you're right, I'll have to check again. Things change fast. Or maybe I got the wrong impression from the start.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:03 AM   #7
Ea
Wizard

No, they used to be more expensive - and they're still not the cheapest around - but lately I've started to check in several places because prices change more than they used to, and sometimes the 'expensive' bookseller has the best price on certain books.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:15 AM   #8
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
but lately I've started to check in several places because prices change more than they used to, and sometimes the 'expensive' bookseller has the best price on certain books.
Yes, I noticed the same thing. Anyway, I guess I should put Cyberreads in my hot bookmarks, until they implement geographical restrictions that is :sigh:
Old 12-09-2009, 11:26 AM   #9
Ea
Wizard

I wonder about Fictionwise's geo restrictions. After I've gotten access to buy books at Amazon, I've noticed that a number of books I was interested in are available to me there, but not at Fictionwise.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #10
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Strange, yes. And I think that the restrictions at FW have increased lately. I was under the impression that only a couple of books in my wishlist were unavailable in Europe, but when I checked today, almost all of them were.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #11
Ea
Wizard

A couple of months ago when Ficitonwise started implementing much stricter control, I decided to spend all my $50 micropay that I'd saved up. I couldn't buy what I wanted, so I looked through all books tagged general and I think I ended up going through 1200(?) books before I could find enough books to empty my account. I've more or less given up on them. I do check prices and availability but so far there's been no books I could even buy.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #12
ClintBrauer
Enthusiast
ClintBrauer doesn't litterClintBrauer doesn't litterClintBrauer doesn't litter

Device: Readius
Hi! Our prices are lower than in the past. Mobipocket books are a little higher than the others due to a few challenges with our "one price" feature.

But our upcoming loyalty plan will help eliminate some of those challenges as well.

Just for the record, we were delayed on those reviews because of technical issues. We are always busy but I try to make sure that stuff is given high priority!
ClintBrauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:11 PM   #13
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Looks good, hope that they never implement geo restrictions as it is the only reason I buy from cyberread. Great service, listen to the customers.
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote