Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #1
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Calibre Updates for KTouch

Hi

I am running out of time for this weeks Calibre release. As most have noticed, most things work. However there are a few changes around images/book covers both the display and the delete when books are removed.

I don't expect to finish the changes in time so I would avoid using Calibre to delete books. I won't really (shouldn't) hurt anything but will leave a few orphaned images.

I have not done enough testing on my version so I will not ask for them to be merged until next week.

I will update this thread or twitter if I find anything that could cause major issues.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Tim; any possibility you could just disable deleting of books on the Touch right now?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
Toastedpine
Connoisseur
Toastedpine doesn't litterToastedpine doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch
Thanks for the update. I've only been using Claibre for a couple of weeks, but it's one heck of a program.
Toastedpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
krackpot
krackpot began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Tim; any possibility you could just disable deleting of books on the Touch right now?
What's wrong with deleting books on the touch?
krackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #5
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Not much. The current version will leave a few image files around. Of course I somehow just managed to corrupt my database. A quick dump and restore seemed to fix it but I think this was related to an issue I had when I first activated the device. For some reason the desktop software reported that the ereader was disconnected several times. I will look further.

Tim
Advert
Old 06-20-2011, 11:08 AM   #6
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
I think the Kobo Touch has some problems with the USB connection, because I got that spurious message about it being disconnected with Kobo Desktop a few times too. And it didn't transfer the book successfully in those cases. I tried a couple of different USB ports and direct connection instead of via hub, but it didn't make any difference.

Last edited by FJames; 06-20-2011 at 01:37 PM.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #7
timlegge
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
Not much. The current version will leave a few image files around. Of course I somehow just managed to corrupt my database. A quick dump and restore seemed to fix it but I think this was related to an issue I had when I first activated the device. For some reason the desktop software reported that the ereader was disconnected several times. I will look further.

Tim
I reproduced the issue but I think it is a combination of an issue caused by a damaged USB port during the initial setup and the fact that I am using an extension cable for the USB. When I deleted the book using the delivered cable connected directly to the computer it worked fine.

I have to experiment some tonight again to determine if that was indeed the cause.

Tim