Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Generate hash codes for Dictionaries?

Does anyone know how to generate the hash codes for the Dictionaries or Applications based on their names/titles? I can do normal books already, but since Dictionaries aren't saved in the Kindle filesystem that I can see, I can't generate a hash code for them. I've tried guessing the filenames used by the Dictionaries to see what sha1 hash code they produce, but so far no luck. I think Applications are the same way, but I don't have any to test.

I wanted to use this to store Dictionaries in collections automatically. I have a workaround I already use that involves collecting a list of known hash codes, but I'd like to see if it was easy to generate them.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote