Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
1mz
1mz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (ordered)
can i exchange my spoiled kindle with amazon (under one year warranty)

hi folks, i accidentally kneed on my kindle, and the screen cannot display anymore ( but without any physical damage).

is that possible to ask amazon for an exchange? or i need to pay an amount for the repair?

thank you for the helps!!!
1mz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
They might replace it for a reduced charge, however, the normal warranty doesn't cover accidental damage. The extended warranty that you can purchase with the Kindle will cover a one time accidental damage.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Ask them. Although the warranty does not cover accidental damage, there are many reports of Amazon being remarkably generous when it comes to replacing Kindles which have been broken by their owners.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Go here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/

click on the "contact us" button, sign into your account, choose the "Phone" option. Enter your phone number, and someone will call you back almost immediately.

Tell them your problem, and they'll tell you what they will or will not do.

Last edited by dreams; 12-10-2011 at 04:46 AM. Reason: fix link
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:07 AM   #5
1mz

amazingly, amazon allows to exchange one for one with me! that's awesome!
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 09:01 AM   #6
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Wow! That's great!! I'm happy for you!
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:32 AM   #7
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mz View Post
amazingly, amazon allows to exchange one for one with me! that's awesome!
Congratulations! Glad it worked out for you.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #8
1mz

another good news! amazon refunds me the shipping cost, and even more than what i've paid for the courier service! i'm so so in love with amazon!
Old 12-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #9
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Amazon's customer service is the best!!
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #10
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
It sure is!

May I recommend a cover for your kindle? Also not kneeling on it is good, but a cover (I like the Amazon ones) helps give that fragile screen some protection.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:15 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
Contact with Amazon CS. Is the best maybe might replace it for a reduced charge.
No, not Amazon CS, but Kindle CS. They are different.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #12
1mz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
Contact with Amazon CS. Is the best maybe might replace it for a reduced charge.
amazon replaces a non sponsored-ad kindle for my sponsored-ad kindle