Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-14-2014, 10:35 PM   #211
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
SOLVED

OK this is weird.

I had to reconfigure the keyboard shortcut, even though it said Alt-E was ALREADY the setting
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:48 PM   #212
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@theducks - I just renamed my Open With.json to *.jsonsave.

When I started calibre and selected Open With Sigil I got the Windows Error 2. It had C:\Program Files\Sigil\Sigil.exe in the configuration - but my Sigil's in C:\Program Files (X86)\Sigil\

The Open With.jsonsave has C:\Program Files (X86)\Sigil\Sigil.exe - I have a vague recollection I may have corrected it when I first installed Sigil or Open With.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
OK this is weird.

I had to reconfigure the keyboard shortcut, even though it said Alt-E was ALREADY the setting
Eh, how could a wayward kb shortcut end up causing a Windows file IO error.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-14-2014 at 10:54 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2014, 12:22 PM   #213
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@theducks - I just renamed my Open With.json to *.jsonsave.

When I started calibre and selected Open With Sigil I got the Windows Error 2. It had C:\Program Files\Sigil\Sigil.exe in the configuration - but my Sigil's in C:\Program Files (X86)\Sigil\

The Open With.jsonsave has C:\Program Files (X86)\Sigil\Sigil.exe - I have a vague recollection I may have corrected it when I first installed Sigil or Open With.

Eh, how could a wayward kb shortcut end up causing a Windows file IO error.

BR
Totally Bogus message wording?

It did this on both X64 and Portable. They have their own configurations.
FWIW I think there is a Calibre shared Keyboard shortcut config file that was the problem. It was Calibre that messed up handing off (passing) the control-E to Openwith. Resetting the shortcut in OW fixed the KB-shortcut in Calibre.

If the JSON is missing, you get the defaults which are, IIRC expect the 32bit locations. All you need to do is change the tic in OW's config screen
Old 03-15-2014, 04:45 PM   #214
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Totally Bogus message wording?

It did this on both X64 and Portable. They have their own configurations.
FWIW I think there is a Calibre shared Keyboard shortcut config file that was the problem. It was Calibre that messed up handing off (passing) the control-E to Openwith. Resetting the shortcut in OW fixed the KB-shortcut in Calibre.

If the JSON is missing, you get the defaults which are, IIRC expect the 32bit locations. All you need to do is change the tic in OW's config screen
I thought all keyboard shortcuts were 'unified' - you can change them, including PI's, in Preferences->Keyboard. I've assumed they were in the «configuration»/shortcuts folder - but having just taken a peek I'm not so sure.

Does/did Sigil ever have a 64bit version, because Open With assumes it is in C:/Program Files/Sigil.

While I was fiddling around yesterday I removed most of the default entries, I don't have Paint.net, PaintshopPro, Briss, Acrobat, Paintshop, Digital Editions etc - in 32bit or 64bit.

The only item from the defaults I retained was Sigil, which only works because I corrected the path. As a result my new OW.json is 1.6KB, the default is 5.7. I even removed the entries for the calibre reader - they implied 64 bit versions were in Program Files (86).

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-15-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:51 PM   #215
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I thought all keyboard shortcuts were 'unified' - you can change them, including PI's, in Preferences->Keyboard. I've assumed they were in the «configuration»/shortcuts folder - but having just taken a peek I'm not so sure.

Does/did Sigil ever have a 64bit version, because the path it assumes is C:/Program Files/Sigil

While I was fiddling around yesterday I removed most of the default entries, I don't have Paint.net, PaintshopPro, Briss, Acrobat, Paintshop, Digital Editions etc - in 32bit or 64bit. The only item from the defaults I retained was Sigil, which only works because I corrected the path. As a result my new OW.json is 1.6KB, the default is 5.7.

BR
Home grown Menu item because I move the (USB) HD between W7 (x64)and XP
Both use the 32 bit Sigil. It is only my Label to match other real 64 bit programs
Advert
Old 03-18-2014, 01:30 AM   #216
drofart
drofart began at the beginning.

Open with Evince is not working!!

Hello folks & thanks for this great addon!

I have many pdfs of different sizes so i install this plugin to open with desired viewer but every time i am trying to open a pdf book my evince reader is showing an error "File type jpeg image is not supported" !!

Any workaround for this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2014-03-18 10:58:00.png
Views:	407
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	120431  
drofart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:23 AM   #217
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by drofart View Post
I have many pdfs of different sizes so i install this plugin to open with desired viewer but every time i am trying to open a pdf book my evince reader is showing an error "File type jpeg image is not supported" !!
You need to have PDF selected under customization for Evince reader's Open With line. An image of your customization dialog might help.

Additionally if Evince reader is your default reader for PDF files on your computer then you don't need to use the Open With plugin. Simply go to Preferences - Behavior and uncheck PDF in the Use internal viewer for: list (see attached). Once unchecked selecting a PDF for viewing will open the PDF in your computer's default viewer (Evince) instead of trying to use calibre's viewer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	behavior.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	120432  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:18 AM   #218
ichbindasauge
Connoisseur
ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 US, iPad, Samsung Win 8 Tablet
Any wisdom how to use this with Windows 8/Modern UI/Metro apps?
ichbindasauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:09 PM   #219
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Beta for calibre change to Qt5

FYI, I am not kiwidude and this isn't my plugin. But I'm trying to help out by porting some of the plugins I use regularly while kiwidude is busy.

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins.

This version needs to be tested with the existing calibre.

Brave souls to test with with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta and discussion of the transition (for plugins) can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Open With-qt5.zip (99.0 KB, 360 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:51 AM   #220
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
FYI, I am not kiwidude and this isn't my plugin. But I'm trying to help out by porting some of the plugins I use regularly while kiwidude is busy.

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins.

This version needs to be tested with the existing calibre.

Brave souls to test with with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta and discussion of the transition (for plugins) can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.
Tested with

Sigil on epubs,
Irfan View and exiftool_gui on jpegs,
nitro pro on pdf,
mobipocket reader on mobi,
textpad on txt
notepad++ on html
VLC on avi and mov,

On Calibre 2.0 portable and 1.33 portable

No problems apparent

And - thanks for taking on some of kiwidudes PI's - very much appreciated

BR
Old 07-09-2014, 01:42 AM   #221
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

BR: That's really good to hear. One thing I haven't tested with 1.x is to configure another tool. Could you try that?
Old 07-09-2014, 02:05 AM   #222
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
BR: That's really good to hear. One thing I haven't tested with 1.x is to configure another tool. Could you try that?
@davidfor not sure what you mean - if you mean add one, then all all those I mentioned were added - first thing I did was to delete the preset ones, I don't have most of the programs and the ones I do have are not in the preset locations - eg my Sigil's in Program Files (86)

If you've nothing to do any chance of giving the Keyboard shortcuts button an accelerator key - I assume something like sticking an '&' in front of the 'K', or did that wheel get reinvented too

BR
Old 07-09-2014, 02:16 AM   #223
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

BR: That's exactly what I wanted. I had used it to open something, but hadn't opened the configuration on the Qt4 version of calibre.

For the accelerator keys, I hadn't noticed they didn't work. But, I also hadn't noticed the calibre context menu didn't have them. I'm not going to look at it any time soon, but remind me in a couple of week.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:42 AM   #224
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Lack of shortcuts in context menus don't bother me, I normally navigate context menus with the arrow keys - because calibres book list context menu is configurable (hooray) I can put the things I use a lot at the bottom - yes at the bottom and hit up arrow.

It was having to grab the mouse to press the button when I noticed no accelerator, but its not something I do often. I should unpack the code and do it myself.

Added : Tested on 1.43 64bit install version with my real libraries - no problems works fine

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-09-2014 at 02:55 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:15 AM   #225
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Was trying the 1.58 version on Calibre beta 1.203.1 x64 and worked until I hit the help link.

Code:
calibre, version 1.203.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'Open With Help.htm'

calibre 1.203.1 [64bit]  isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Open With && Barnes & Noble && SmartEject && Kobo Utilities && Modify ePub
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.open_with.config", line 739, in help_link_activated
  File "calibre_plugins.open_with.action", line 246, in show_help
  File "calibre_plugins.open_with.action", line 242, in get_help_file_resource
KeyError: u'Open With Help.htm'
Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, kepubify