Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Nook shipping dimensions/weight

Hi all,

I am thinking about ordering a nook. I am in Canada though so would need to use some sort of forwarding service to get it here. I have been checking out the various options but in order to get a someone accurate cost assessment I need to know the shipping weight and dimensions on the nook. Even better would be if you ordered the nook with a cover(I am liking the idustriell covers). Also if you could state whether both products came in a single box or multiple boxes/shipments. Just trying to figure this all out before I pull the trigger.

Thanks for any help.

Kevin
P.S. I did see the other similar thread but there was never an answer posted as the OP seemed to figure it out on his own
ould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:25 AM   #2
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi Kevin,

I used to order Nook + Tupper Quote Cover (green one, I believe Industriell cover is lighter), shipped to Thailand. The shipping weight is 1.6kg for both Nook and cover packages (both have their own boxes, but packed and shipped in same box).

According to the shipper: (actual Wt 1.6 kg; vol wt 1.2Kg) I don't know what is vol wt.

I don't have its dimension, sorry.

Shipping charge+service fee from forwarding agent (I use vpostasia), from US to Thailand, is around USD30.-; just for your reference.

Last edited by bthoven; 03-26-2010 at 12:34 AM.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 10:42 AM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by ould View Post
Hi all,

I am thinking about ordering a nook. I am in Canada though so would need to use some sort of forwarding service to get it here. I have been checking out the various options but in order to get a someone accurate cost assessment I need to know the shipping weight and dimensions on the nook. Even better would be if you ordered the nook with a cover(I am liking the idustriell covers). Also if you could state whether both products came in a single box or multiple boxes/shipments. Just trying to figure this all out before I pull the trigger.

Thanks for any help.

Kevin
P.S. I did see the other similar thread but there was never an answer posted as the OP seemed to figure it out on his own
The plastic box of nook (very rigid, so I kept it) is:
25.5cm x 15cm x 2.7cm
The cardboard box it came in was slightly bigger of course, haven't got those dimensions anymore.
My shipment was re-packaged from the 3rd party (USUnlocked), through which I've ordered.
Shipment costs from the US to Germany usually (I've ordered roughly 10 eBook readers) are about $ US 40.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #4
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Thanks for the answers guys, I think I can get a good estimate from the numbers provided.

Kevin
ould is offline   Reply With Quote