Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I must have overlooked that part .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:48 PM   #17
exotic1
exotic1 began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE
Thanks for all your responses. I guess we will just have to wait to see what happens in the future. Myth or no Myth I have a feeling things are going to change a lot for the way students carry all their books. Maybe it will be one ereader
exotic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2009, 11:53 PM   #18
kguthrie
kguthrie began at the beginning.

Device: none
I was so excited when I saw the title. That would be awesome if it really happened.
kguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #19
exotic1
exotic1 began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
The problem is that advertising is what subsidizes the papers that are printing - the Kindle version has no ads, therefore no-one to pay for the Kindles. If there were a full PDF viewer or the ability to embed ads (both requiring a much larger eink screen), then it would make sense for them to sell a year subscription with a free viewer at a single bundle price.
The cost of printing or should I say not printing I would imagine would pay for itself. I know this devise would not work for every one but for those that travel or buy multiple papers to keep up on the stock market and various things such as politics this would definitely be a wonderful tool for them. Just think of the millions of business people that buy multiple papers because of the line of business they are in. I can see every Politicians and stock holder having one of these in their brief case. They would have all the info on one small device at there disposal at all times in a flash. Never having to stop to buy the paper before jumping on a train,plain, or in a car.Just slip it in your brief case and your off. Not to mention the push to go green today. I think if the big newspapers companies offered a free ereader such as a kindle then they would see increase in sales and save money due to printing cost. Books are great and if you want to turn the pages and feel a book that's wonderful but for those that are busy and looking for quick info and not cuddling up on the couch to read a good novel then this will be the ideal item and with it being free with a subscription I think you would see a turn around for those who are losing money right now.
exotic1 is offline   Reply With Quote