Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-13-2014, 02:04 PM   #1
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
'Error communicating with Device' issue

I keep getting this error for the last two days. i believe it's a calibre error and not a drive error (I could be wrong). Sometimes some of the books still go on, sometimes not. It happens for different authors

Win 7
Calibre 1.36
Kobo Glo (3.1.1)

Quote:
[Error 82] The directory or file cannot be created: 'G:\\Jodie Esch'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 86, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 571, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1903, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 267, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 1073, in create_upload_path
File "os.py", line 150, in makedirs
File "os.py", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 82] The directory or file cannot be created: 'G:\\Jodie Esch'
ETA: I see a similar thread now, reading it, but not sure if its related

ETA2: I do not see any answers that resolve my particular issue (From what I can tell)

Last edited by gabby98; 05-13-2014 at 02:14 PM.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:30 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
I keep getting this error for the last two days. i believe it's a calibre error and not a drive error (I could be wrong). Sometimes some of the books still go on, sometimes not. It happens for different authors

Win 7
Calibre 1.36
Kobo Glo (3.1.1)

ETA: I see a similar thread now, reading it, but not sure if its related

ETA2: I do not see any answers that resolve my particular issue (From what I can tell)
What file system was G: formatted with? If it was FAT, it may have reached the entry Limit. FAT32 does not have that limit
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2014, 02:38 PM   #3
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK...never mind...after reading the thread about (for a third time) and one from 2010, i found that my mSD was formatted FAT instead of FAT32. Which in itself angers me, because I thought I'd already taken care of this.

Sorry and ty anyway

ETA: @ theducks...i see i should have refreshed to see your post before i sent mine. Ty for tying to help.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:19 PM   #4
gabby98
Wizard

OK...one more thing...now that I got it all fixed, it (the device) only see's the last items i loaded and not all my books. When I go into settings, it says the full amount, and calibre recognizes the full amount, but in collections or book view only the last 41.

Is this something that a database reset will fix (and how to do it) or will that cause more problems?

ty

tried several restarts and a 'pin push reset'

Last edited by gabby98; 05-13-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:22 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post

OK...one more thing...now that I got it all fixed, it (the device) only see's the last items i loaded and not all my books. When I go into settings, it says the full amount, and calibre recognizes the full amount, but in collections or book view only the last 41.

Is this something that a database reset will fix (and how to do it) or will that cause more problems?

ty

tried several restarts and a 'pin push reset'
I'm not quite sure what you are seeing and not seeing. I think:

- You sent a set of books to the SD card in the Glo
- When you disconnected, the books were processed (black processing screen displayed) but not all appeared in the library lists.
- The counts on the "Library settings" page of the settings are the right number for all the books. Or are you looking at the space used on the "Device Info" page?
- When you connect again to calibre, all the books you expect to be on the device are shown on the device list or as on the device in the library lists?

Is that right?

The only obvious reason for the above is that you have selected one of the filters in the library lists on the Glo. I keep doing that and not finding the books I expect.

The likely problem is that during the processing of the books, one is causing an error and not loading into library. When this happens, it prevents other books from being processed properly as well. The only fix is to find the book and fix it. I haven't had this happen for a while, but you usually need to remove all the books that are not in the devices library and add them in small groups or singularly until you find the bad one. Then you fix that book and send it again.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #6
gabby98
Wizard

Yea, I sent about 40+ books to the SD card on the reader. through the processing and seemed fine. When attached to calibre it says they were all there. When looking in settings > Library Settings on the Reader it said I had all 900+ books on the reader, but the collections were mostly empty and the books section only shows the last 40+ sent.

I think the biggest culprit may have been something I did (or didn't do) when I realized that the sd card was not formatted they way I thought it was. After trying everything I could think of short of a factory reset I just emptied the books and reloaded them. They all went on fine this time and work. Luckily I only had three books in progress and I knew almost exactly where I was in each so.

I just wonder if I should have put a bigger card in there before I reloaded the books. You know to avoid this happening again. But I have a 2GB in there now with more than 900 book and its only about 1/4 full and the main memory is empty. I probably won't need another card lol though I may need to look into one of the kobo plugins to see about syncing the read status and my last read page or something with the calibre library.

ty