Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 08-30-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Post How to upload a eb1150 file?

The file extension is .imp and this is an illegal extension. Is it possible to get this added? This group seems to be only for pdf files so far and I don't see any of them. The index listing for misc is empty or doesn't work.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:08 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
You could zip the file.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:57 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
You could zip the file.
Yes, I could even change the extension I guess but it still seems it would not show up in the index.

Dale
Old 08-30-2007, 07:35 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just tried it, and yes a zipped file will show up in the index with a format of miscellaneous.

Though if you are going to put up a number of titles, then I think the should add IMP as a file type.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:42 AM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I just tried it, and yes a zipped file will show up in the index with a format of miscellaneous.

Though if you are going to put up a number of titles, then I think the should add IMP as a file type.
thanks, I will wait a bit and see if imp shows up before I post a few titles. Having to unzip every file is something the other folks don't have to do.

Dale
Old 08-31-2007, 02:38 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'll arrange for it to be added.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:26 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now added as a valid extension.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:49 AM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Now added as a valid extension.
Thanks, some books on the way!
Old 08-31-2007, 11:52 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Great! Please make sure that you follow the appropriate thread naming convention so that they index correctly.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:52 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Great! Please make sure that you follow the appropriate thread naming convention so that they index correctly.
I followed the naming conventions but my book still didn't show up. Do I have to define the book type as misc. to get it to appear? That would seem unreasonable for people looking for a particular format. I thought misc would be a catchall for all other formatted books.

Dale
Old 09-01-2007, 03:12 PM   #11
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I followed the naming conventions but my book still didn't show up. Do I have to define the book type as misc. to get it to appear? That would seem unreasonable for people looking for a particular format. I thought misc would be a catchall for all other formatted books.

Dale
You did not attach a file.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:26 PM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You did not attach a file.
Thanks, I selected it from my machine but I guess I forgot to tap the upload button. I think it is ok now.

Dale