Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
FligMupple
Enthusiast
FligMupple doesn't litterFligMupple doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
How does selling a 505 work?

I would like to sell my red 505. I have purchased around 50 books for it through the sony site. Is there any way for the buyer to be able to get and use those books? I know they can initially (if I put them all on the 505), but what happens when they de/reregister the unit with their own account?... and is moving a reader to an entirely new account even possible?
FligMupple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Once the reader is authorised to their account then your DRM'd books from Sony will vanish.
Yes, readers can be moved to different accounts.
Open Ebook Library; go to "My Account" and towards the bottom there's a place where you can authorise/deauthorise devices.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 01:25 AM   #3
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
It would be easiest to sell the reader to a person who can't use Sony Store anyway due to regional restrictions.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:07 AM   #4
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Once the reader is authorised to their account then your DRM'd books from Sony will vanish.
Yes, readers can be moved to different accounts.
Open Ebook Library; go to "My Account" and towards the bottom there's a place where you can authorise/deauthorise devices.
Patricia,

A quick question. If I had a PRS505 and wanted to give it to a friend.
Would I have to deauthorise it from my computer first, or would my friend deauthorise it from her computer. Thanks.

Slan
Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:15 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You deauthorise it from your computer.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 06:03 AM   #6
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You deauthorise it from your computer.
Thanks a million Harry.

Slan
Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote