Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-27-2009, 05:45 AM   #1
jyavenard
Zealot
jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Changing default text style?

Hi

The text on my Kindle 2 is fairly grey and far less readable than the Kindle 1 I played with before purchasing my Kindle 2.

I like to have as much text available on the screen, so I have the text size set to the smallest size.

Would there be a way to change the default font to be bold ? (you see the text at the bottom giving you the position is very clearly readable as it's in bold).

Thanks
JY
jyavenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:03 AM   #2
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I think there are a couple of solutions for the K2, but check out this site. I'm using the Georgia font on my DX and love it.

https://sites.google.com/a/etccreati.../kdesignworks/
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2009, 08:03 PM   #3
jyavenard
Zealot
jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
I think there are a couple of solutions for the K2, but check out this site. I'm using the Georgia font on my DX and love it.

https://sites.google.com/a/etccreati.../kdesignworks/
Thanks.

Are any of the fonts he described on the site available anywhere ?

Was a very interesting read, if only I could easily reproduced his results ..

Edit: Found it there.
https://sites.google.com/a/etccreati...-install-files

Jean-Yves

Last edited by jyavenard; 09-27-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
mobelby
Zealot
mobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't litter

Device: eeepc 901
Hi

Glad you found that site Jean-Yves. I tried all the fonts there and settled on Myriad - I find it clear and legible in any light (day or night). I'm now reading my fourth book in Myriad at the smallest size setting and am loving it
mobelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:01 PM   #5
jyavenard
Zealot

I settled on cmod Narrow.

Using size 2.

It's quite comfortable and look very similar to the original font just a tad more content and more readable...

I tried them all, didn't like Georgia at all... it looks so "old"

To be honnest, I'm not sure changing the font made the Kindle that much more readable ; it's still very greyish too me.
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 09:38 AM   #6
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
This thread is the exact reason vendors should provide font options in their devices Everyone likes something different. I personally love the "old" Georgia fonts, others like the new style fonts. Hopefully vendors will begin to understand this and provide options or the ability to load different fonts like the Cybooks.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote