Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 03:13 AM   #1
dogAteTaco
dogAteTaco
dogAteTaco knows the complete value of PI to the enddogAteTaco knows the complete value of PI to the enddogAteTaco knows the complete value of PI to the enddogAteTaco knows the complete value of PI to the enddogAteTaco knows the complete value of PI to the enddogAteTaco knows the complete value of PI to the enddogAteTaco knows the complete value of PI to the enddogAteTaco knows the complete value of PI to the enddogAteTaco knows the complete value of PI to the enddogAteTaco knows the complete value of PI to the enddogAteTaco knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen
Talking Plugin that automatically creates APA and BIB references from your books

I was organizing my books in Calibre since I corrupted my library. I have some of the books I've used for college papers for future reference. Got the idea of making a plugin to create the references based on the info that's already in my library. Wanted to do it just because I've been learning Python, was bored and wanted to see how hard it was to create Plugins for Calibre.

With this plugin I only need to add the file to Calibre, fill any missing Info and easily create the references each time I need them. I usually do it manually or use a website, which is pretty annoying and have to do it again if I do end up using the same source for another work.

Currently the Plugin only has APA and BIB formats with title, authors, year, ISBN and publisher on it but I would gladly add more fields and other formats since adding that stuff is fairly easily now that I figured it out. I'm planning on adding maybe checkboxes for fields or not show empty fields but that will probably take some time since it's more coding than just adding formats or fields.

The code is in here: https://github.com/dogAteTaco/DATCal...in/tree/master

In case someone wants to take a look.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DATCalibreReferencePlugin.zip (9.2 KB, 9 views)
dogAteTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM   #2
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Neat plugin, congrats on your first Python endeavour. Just out of curiosity, I've tested running it on more than 50 books and found that it's possible to right-click the message box and copy all the references. The close button, in this very unlikely use case, will be off screen, but that's not a problem, since the dialog can be closed with the X button.
Comfy.n is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert