Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Tapash
Tapash began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Turn off Kindle Paperwhite Special offer ads

Can anyone show the way how to turn off special offers from new kindle paperwhite?

I am not a tech guy and not able to manage to work this method out. Can anyone please confirm if this method worked for them?
block kindle ads
Old 10-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Certainly not here...
Just pay your twenty bucks, cheapskate ;-)
Old 10-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
Tapash

Learn how to talk, you BIGMOUTH
Old 10-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Certainly not here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapash View Post
Learn how to talk, you BIGMOUTH
I dont think the calling of names is appropriate.

On second thought..fight it out..might make the wait for my paperwhite more bearable
Old 10-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
Tapash

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
I dont think the calling of names is appropriate
I thought so, I thought there is cultured people here and who knows how to welcome people and share their thoughts...... But.....
Old 10-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Certainly not here...
Old 10-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #7
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
I thought so, I thought there is cultured people here and who knows how to welcome people and share their thoughts...... But.....
The only way to get from MobileRead to your conclusion is via Apple Maps.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Cultured people dont try and steal, which is what your trying to accomplish.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #9
frankelr
frankelr doesn't litterfrankelr doesn't litter

Device: k3kb, KTso, Nook ST
Angry Sorry about the lack of politeness on this thread

Hi, As you found out there are many people who feel strongly
about this topic. Its not likely that you will get any real help in this forum.

Actually, is quite hard to eliminate the ads and probably not worth the effort.

I'd suggest the following.

1) Turn off your wifi and don't turn it on again. You get better battery life this way.

2) After a while the ads will expire and you will get the screen saver display that asks you to turn on your wifi... don't do it! Instead when you buy a book from say amazon or baen, have it delivered to your computer and simply side-load into the Kindle's documents folder.

I'm sorry about your rude experience here. They will probably FLAME me too.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #10
Tapash

Bump.

Last edited by Tapash; 10-01-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankelr View Post

1) Turn off your wifi and don't turn it on again. You get better battery life this way.

2) After a while the ads will expire and you will get the screen saver display that asks you to turn on your wifi... don't do it! Instead when you buy a book from say amazon or baen, have it delivered to your computer and simply side-load into the Kindle's documents folder.

If you consider anything here a flame I would just think you're being too sensitive.

And OP, just pay the difference.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #12
Tapash

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
If you consider anything here a flame I would just think you're being too sensitive.

And OP, just pay the difference.
Well, i guess no one has to tell me what to do and what not to...
Old 10-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #13
Tapash

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankelr View Post

Frankelr, thanks for your kind words and tips. Just to point a finger into their eyes, whoever says this forum is for cultured people only, how come they allow this post and encourage to go on..... Shame... And unbelievable..... All pretender...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=139279
Old 10-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #14
Gameboy70
Connoisseur
Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, 3rd Gen iPad
In case anyone else comes to this thread, the hack to remove special offers that was circulating the interwebs last year hasn't worked in months. Since Amazon issue the 4.1 firmware update, people who've temporarily succeeded with the hack say that the ads get restored once they connect to wifi. I'm pretty amazed at the effort some people have put in trying to save $30. Now they'd only be saving $20.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #15
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
The Mobileread Moderation Team disapproves of and does not condone circumventing the display of advertisements in advertisement-subsidized devices.

Moderator Notice
Please feel free to disagree with a person's opinions, or dispute their facts or data, providing you do so politely. Likewise, please address your criticisms to those opinions, facts and data rather than the person. Refer to the MobileRead Guidelines, specifically the full text of the very first item. When posting, your attention to the Guidelines is required. Name calling and insults are not allowed.
Closed Thread