Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
DZC
DZC began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Restrict to Author search

Is there a way to restrict search to Author field with a "contains" expression rather than "equals?"

The "equals" search expression below illustrates my problem with full-match searching. I certainly may not remember there's a middle name, and in this case I might not know how to spell either the middle or last name. That leaves me with just the first name which, in this case, isn't likely to overwhelm with results. Or if I did know how to spell Bastianich and thought there would be way too many Lidias, I'd rather be able to just search for contains Bastianich.

authors:"=Lidia Matticchio Bastianich"

Running MacBookPro, Lion 10.7.5, Calibre 0.9.15
DZC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If you want the 'Default' to be 'contains':
At the bottom of the Tag browser:Click: 'Alter Tag Browser' : Match Type: Match any

Note: you can speed up Global (no field specified) searches by adjusting the search control Tweaks
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
DZC
DZC began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Thanks much for responding, theducks. I may not have ever discovered that tags browser setting on my own! It was set to match Any, as it turns out. I think the problem was my making the search term expression too complicated. All I had to do to pull up titles by Lidia Matticchio Bastianich was type:
authors:lidia

LOL. That simple. Thanks too for pointing out Tweaks. I took a look and think I'll need more Calibre experience under my belt before I can take advantage of most of those tools, but good to know about it.
DZC is offline   Reply With Quote