Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-13-2014, 02:27 PM   #5491
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
This is from may 5. The author is credited simply as "Bob", but whether he's the originator of that photo I couldn't say.

http://thechive.com/2014/05/05/daily...meness-24-228/

His name is most likely Bob or Robert Phillipp.

http://thechive.com/author/bphillipp/
Sorry: got busy and forgot to say, "Thank you!" for the info. And the pic--I admit, I'd not seen it before. MR is about the extent of my "free-ranging" on the Net; I'm usually too tied up to do a lot of surfing. I enjoyed the hell out of it, so thanks for that, too.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:53 PM   #5492
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:13 PM   #5493
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
P.S., W.T.: can you source that? I'd love to use that image, if I could find the source and obtain permission. I have at least a dozen blog topics for which that puppy would suit.

Hitch
Google for flaming bagpipes -- a while ago I watched a clip of one at that famous Scotland gathering. There's a guy who includes that as a normal part of his shtick. I don't know if this is the same guy or not, but the one I saw was lots of fun to watch!

Here ya go -- first answer when I googled that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e5J116IM6M

edit: Ah yes, his monicker is "The BadPiper"
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:08 PM   #5494
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
And here's a selfie of Norton, my Kindle, my left hand, and part of our gazebo taken three days before last Christmas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Norton and Kindle 2013 12 22.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	124223  
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #5495
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hiya Norton! That looks like an interesting book, too.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:06 PM   #5496
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Hiya Norton! That looks like an interesting book, too.
If you're interested, the name of it is Yes, I COULD Care Less: How to Be a Language Snob Without Being a Jerk by Bill Walsh. It's, of course, a book on English grammar. I'm finding that the more I learn about the subject, the stupider I feel, and I think that's partly because there are so many unsettled issues in living languages. Oxford comma, anyone?
Old 06-15-2014, 06:46 PM   #5497
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Yes please -- to the Oxford comma. I think that's when you like to use a comma between your lists, your other items, your further lists, and the "and" listed after them? Like this? I prefer it. I'll look at that book.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:19 AM   #5498
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
And here's a selfie of Norton, my Kindle, my left hand, and part of our gazebo taken three days before last Christmas.
So it is true what they say about owners and their pets coming to resemble each other...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:24 AM   #5499
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
So it is true what they say about owners and their pets coming to resemble each other...
Why do you feel it necessary to insult Norton?
Old 06-16-2014, 11:55 AM   #5500
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Why do you feel it necessary to insult Norton?
He is indeed beautiful.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #5501
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I am still stuck having to think about not typing two spaces at the end of every sentence.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:28 PM   #5502
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

I don't even think about it. I just *do* type two spaces after a period at the end of a sentence. End of sentence. (err, end of subject for me, I mean!)
Old 06-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #5503
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I had a professor that was thoroughly against double-spaces so I switched my ways.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:12 PM   #5504
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Corrupt-A-Topic (anymore off-topic and it would be on-topic)

Before we ever had a home PC, my wife taught me that two spaces after a period was the proper way to type. I stayed with that until bulletin boards (remember those?) and early, limited word processors broke that good habit by too many times placing one of the spaces I typed after the period and the next on the line below just before the next sentence. Now I use just one space, unless it involves something to be printed out that I want to look professional.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-16-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:38 PM   #5505
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

My typing class in high school taught that it had to be two spaces. This was on real typewriters, not computers. Computers may have changed the rules, but I haven't changed. Yet.

Tags
man boobs, skippy the bush kangaroo, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness