Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-31-2008, 03:22 PM   #46
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
Hello there,

3.0 seems to be working fine. About the two new buttons, one produces the rlf after you accept the settings and the other produces the lrf stright away. There is no need to press both. I had some fun duplicating files.

On the other hand, I tried (knew it wouldn't work, but had to) to convert a pdf straight from a web page. Didn't work and Calibre has crashed. I have reinstalled it and it won't go.

I don't know if it has crashed because there is a bug on the new version of Calibre, or Bookit, or because I tried to produce a few lrf files at the same time.

I'll try to fix it and tell you how it goes.

Nevertheless, this plugin is a must.
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:47 PM   #47
dsuden
Connoisseur
dsuden doesn't litterdsuden doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
0.3.0 seems to work very well, very consistently! If I set it to anything other than 0 for the link level and/or recursions, no file ever appears to be created, though that might just be a problem with web2lrf.

By the way, what is the difference between link levels and recursions?
dsuden is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2008, 04:10 PM   #48
Peto
Legal Alien

Mmmmmmm...

Can't recover Calibre. I have reinstalled, restarted, uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, both with Bookit installed and uninstalled.

Bookit 3.0 is still working fine and producing rlf y can watch with Calibre's viewer, but Calibre itself just won't start. No error messages. Just nothing. I am trying 0.4.66 (the only one I've got). It was working perfect in the morning.

I can't tell if it is because of Calibre itself, because the intercourse with Bookit, or because of a sequence of actions I might have done.

Ideas, suggestions?
Old 05-31-2008, 04:12 PM   #49
Peto
Legal Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuden View Post
By the way, what is the difference between link levels and recursions?
Covid said one parameter belongs to downloading and the other to processing, or sth like that. What you need to know is that you want them to be the same.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #50
Peto
Legal Alien

So far so bad.

Reinstalled Calibre, Bookit and Firefox. Calibre won't go. Windows task manager shows Calibre trying to launch and then vanish. No error messages.
Advert
Old 06-01-2008, 07:36 PM   #51
beowulf573
Addict
beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
I'm afraid not I'm that familiar with the details of calibre, could it be a corrupted database? Maybe you should rename it or copy it to another temporary place and delete the original and see if calibre will recreate it.

You may want to check with kovidgoyal first, anything I suggest may just make it worse.
beowulf573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:37 PM   #52
beowulf573
Addict
beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

I've put up a minor 0.3.1 update to fix a few incorrect text lables and check for a default title.

I still see some errors downloading some websites but I've not been able to isolate the problem. I'll keep poking on it as time permits.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:01 AM   #53
Peto
Legal Alien

Thanks, Beowulf. Tried that.
I am posting here so you know too, but I believe Kovid is following this thread and will know by now too. I just don't want to post the same issue in different places.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:12 AM   #54
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@peto there was a problem with the spanish translation, re-download 0.4.67 and it should be fine.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:44 AM   #55
Peto
Legal Alien

Everything ok again. Thanks, Kovid.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:33 AM   #56
dsuden
Connoisseur
dsuden doesn't litterdsuden doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
As I happily pull online web articles into my Sony Reader using the Bookit Firefox plugin, I have noticed something that enhances the experience. Many news sites give you a "Print" option which lets you display their article in a simple, single-table layout without all the ads and page clutter. This makes for a much more concise, clean article in Sony Reader when processing it through Bookit. For web sites that don't offer that option, it can be useful to turn off the "process tables" feature in Bookit, which in my experience helps present the article more "cleanly."

Hope it's helpful!

Dane
dsuden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #57
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
It might be useful to add an option in the dialog to ignore images. This is really great stuff Eddie. Thanks!
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:57 PM   #58
beowulf573
Addict

Thanks, I'm glad folks are actually using it.

As for ignoring images, I'm really just launching web2lrf to do all the actual work and as of right now there doesn't appear to be a way to do it. I tried playing around with the filter-regexp option but I think that applies only to links.

Kovid may have some suggestions.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #59
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
--override-css "img {display:none}"
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #60
jotheman
Sleeper.
jotheman began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max2, Kinde Voyage, reMarkable, Dasung Paperlike Pro
Question Images?

Kovid told me about BookIt and I am trying it out right now.

I was looking foreward to it being able to create books from webpages with images and all. It doesn't seem to include them, though. Am I doing something wrong or isn't image support added yet? Am I missing something, you talking about ignoring images and whatnot...?

I tried it with this (german) article:
http://www.heise.de/bin/tp/issue/r4/...035&mode=print
jotheman is offline   Reply With Quote