Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 02:29 AM   #1
tym
Connoisseur
tym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five words

Device: nook touch
Ok So I got a micro sd card......

So I got the micro sd card. Shows up in windows 7 fine as a separate drive, while installed the my nook simple touch.

Did get my books on the card no problem. Problem is now ALL the books on the card are wanting to show up in my library folder, I REALLY dont want them to do that.

I want them to be in a different folder, someplace I can have access to them and either add the to my library, or read from that folder.

Simply put, when I go to my library to get a book I DO NOT want to have to look through 400 pages to find my book.

Can someone give me some ideas how to do that, or even if i can do what I am wanting to do please. Thank you.
tym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:49 AM   #2
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by tym View Post
So I got the micro sd card. Shows up in windows 7 fine as a separate drive, while installed the my nook simple touch.

Did get my books on the card no problem. Problem is now ALL the books on the card are wanting to show up in my library folder, I REALLY dont want them to do that.

I want them to be in a different folder, someplace I can have access to them and either add the to my library, or read from that folder.

Simply put, when I go to my library to get a book I DO NOT want to have to look through 400 pages to find my book.

Can someone give me some ideas how to do that, or even if i can do what I am wanting to do please. Thank you.
I think the only real option you have is to root the device. B&N's Library management is very limited.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 04:24 AM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Did you place the ebooks in the my files\Ebooks folder is so try putting the ebooks somewhere else if I recall correctly book outside that folder are not added by the library.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #4
tym
Connoisseur
tym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five words

Device: nook touch
If I remember right. I did try to create a new folder in my files. Called it "backup" I think. Put them in that one. Could not access them.

Just hope someone comes along that has done with with success. I can not be the only one that wants to do this.

I really have no desire to root my nook. To easy to brick it. If I can not figure out how to do what I am wanting to do, well I can live with that.

Last edited by tym; 01-18-2012 at 06:21 AM.
tym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by tym View Post
If I remember right. I did try to create a new folder in my files. Called it "backup" I think. Put them in that one. Could not access them.

Just hope someone comes along that has done with with success. I can not be the only one that wants to do this.

I really have no desire to root my nook. To easy to brick it. If I can not figure out how to do what I am wanting to do, well I can live with that.
In the library view you can choose "my files" instead of "all". Than you can browse to the new folder you have created. And I would assume you can open the books that are in the folder.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert