Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 10:35 PM   #1
LarsonMattr
Edge User

Thumbs down Any else tried the Google ebook (pay) store?

I was curious, so tonight I headed over to books.google.com and logged into the pay store. The interface on the website was a bit slow and cludgy, but worked on the edge. There were a fairly large number of good books on the site, and the prices are comparable to amazons site. I bought a book for about 10.00 bucks, and immediately got worried that I wouldn't be able to read it on my edge. The android app wasn't downloadable, and the default books web service seemed to fail. However, I went to my books on the google store and clicked on the book I had just bought. Lo and behold there were download options for devices like nooks. I clicked on epub, and a strange drm file downloaded to the edge. The library app luckily supported this file, and began a download of the book. In my library on the edge, a color icon of the book cover appeared- success!
The book looks and reads great on the epaper, and I am quite happy with it. You guys should try out their bookstore, it looks like a great device indendent competitor for amazon...

Old 01-14-2011, 11:10 PM   #2
Michealj
Edge User

Thanks for the update. I will be using the service this weekend for a school text.

Thanks again for the information.

Micheal

Advert