Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #691
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarizt View Post
Hmm that's not good. I'm gonna not sign for mine if it comes. I've already tried cancelling it because I'm sick of waiting and they kept telling me it hasn't shipped yet even as today. I tried to cancel it last night, but they said they had to escalate it to tier 2 and they don't work until monday. This is such a scam.
You should receive a cancellation confirmation email Mon. or Tues., followed by a credit to your account in 3-5 days (if it has been charged). At least that was my experience. I found it amazing that my cancellation required tier 2 involvement and they could not find my order. Total incompetence.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #692
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Sounds like they need a new shipping Manager. LOL ... totally nuts. .
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #693
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
Sounds like they need a new shipping Manager. LOL ... totally nuts. .
It will take a lot more than a new shipping manager.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #694
guitarizt
Connoisseur
guitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-T1; PW1; H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
You should receive a cancellation confirmation email Mon. or Tues., followed by a credit to your account in 3-5 days (if it has been charged). At least that was my experience. I found it amazing that my cancellation required tier 2 involvement and they could not find my order. Total incompetence.
Thanks, hopefully I can have this sorted out by the end of next week. I'm afraid they'll realize I'm about to cancel and just ship it out so I can't cancel, or it was already shipped out in which case this is going to be a hassle to deal with.
guitarizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #695
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Hmm that's not good. I'm gonna not sign for mine if it comes.
UPSP left mine outside my front door. No signature necessary.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #696
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
IMHO, Kobo made a mistake with that folded back. It makes the reader fatter, it makes making covers more expensive, and some people may just not want such a back. Hard plastic is not nice to hold. I think they should have just upsized the Touch and given it the new front light and new screen.
Yeah, I think kobo went too far out on the limb on that one. There's such a thing as being too different. Keep it simple.

And the hard plastic, I have not seen one person say they like it, only that it's tolerable.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #697
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Actually, I much prefer the weird back for reading books on the Aura vs reading on my 7 inch tablet. It makes two handed reading a pleasure and I feel secure holding it with one hand, as well. The flat backed 7 inch tablet feel too big. Of course it is considerably heavier, as well.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #698
guitarizt
Connoisseur
guitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
UPSP left mine outside my front door. No signature necessary.
I'm scared of this and I told them that on the phone, but they didn't give me an answer. I'm just going to charge back on my card if it comes to this because I don't have the time nor the energy to deal with this for probably at least a month if they ship it and actually leave it here. It is unethical to not cancel an order for an item on Friday until what I'm guessing is Tuesday to Thursday of next week after I have already waited so long for it to ship.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #699
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
I'm scared of this and I told them that on the phone, but they didn't give me an answer. I'm just going to charge back on my card if it comes to this because I don't have the time nor the energy to deal with this for probably at least a month if they ship it and actually leave it here. It is unethical to not cancel an order for an item on Friday until what I'm guessing is Tuesday to Thursday of next week after I have already waited so long for it to ship.
Wait for Monday - there is a good chance you will receive the cancellation email then. If credit is not posted initially you should be able to contact your CC company and have the charge disputed which will exclude it from your statement until settled.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #700
guitarizt
Connoisseur

Yeah, I'm going to wait until the package arrives since disputing the charge is my last resort. I don't want to have to do it and Kobo doesn't want it either. I'm guessing if I actually receive the item they won't handle the return process that well and I'm not wasting a month of my life on this. I'll see how they handle it with 93terp, too.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:20 AM   #701
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
FYI I've tried a 64GB Sandisk mSD card, formatted in FAT32 (referred to as MS-DOS in OS X's Disk Utility) rather than the default exFAT, and it worked just fine with a mix of epubs, PDFs & CBX files.

Still not a big fan of Kobo's firmware but between the bigger screen, higher res and great frontlight (esp. the lowest setting) it's a keeper for me. The (overpriced) Kobo case makes it a bit chunkier but also less slippery and I guess at least offers all-around protection...
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #702
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Wait for Monday - there is a good chance you will receive the cancellation email then. If credit is not posted initially you should be able to contact your CC company and have the charge disputed which will exclude it from your statement until settled.
I am pretty sure that Canada is closed on the weekends.

Their union and government work rules are still a little European.

But, there is very little corporate business that gets done on weekends.
Shipping as well as accounting. They aren't all like Newegg.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #703
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertheglobe View Post
FYI I've tried a 64GB Sandisk mSD card, formatted in FAT32 (referred to as MS-DOS in OS X's Disk Utility) rather than the default exFAT, and it worked just fine with a mix of epubs, PDFs & CBX files.

Still not a big fan of Kobo's firmware but between the bigger screen, higher res and great frontlight (esp. the lowest setting) it's a keeper for me. The (overpriced) Kobo case makes it a bit chunkier but also less slippery and I guess at least offers all-around protection...
Are you saying that you upgraded the Aura HD to a 64GB internal card?

I have a real vested interest in finding out whether someone has done so
without problems. (Like the touchscreen no longer working.)

It doesn't need to be for 64GB either, just any internal MicroSD card replacement.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 05-06-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #704
Skydog
Wizard

I discovered this problem (and solution) last year with higher capacity cards and my Cowon player. By reformatting in FAT32 the device was then able to recognize and use the card.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #705
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
You must also watch out for the format of the card itself.

Cards bigger than 32GB are most often SDXC instead of SDHC, and this requires a different controller. Not all devices support SDXC cards. There are some 64GB SDHC cards, but that size is not officially supported for SDHC as far as I know; therefore it may not work with all SDHC controllers.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote