Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
unkilbeeg
Enthusiast
unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: Sony PRS-500/Astak EZReader 5"/PocketBook 360/Kindle
Configuration of fbreader180

I installed fbreader180 on my new PB360+ and and edited the system/config/styles.xml to change the "Regular Paragraph" style to include alignment="left".

My intent was to eliminate fbreader's tendency to right justify everything, since I find that annoying in an ereader. This modification of styles.xml solved the problem on the old PB360, but I'm not having any luck with the Plus. It should be the same, right? All epubs are showing up right justified (and I've gone through all of them to make sure the original epub is left aligned.)

So is there something different I need to do on the Plus?
unkilbeeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkilbeeg View Post
I installed fbreader180 on my new PB360+ and and edited the system/config/styles.xml to change the "Regular Paragraph" style to include alignment="left".

So is there something different I need to do on the Plus?
With FBReader 180 you simply go down to the menu and set the regular paragraph from there.
It should also look at your config file, but I think you have made an error somewhere.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
unkilbeeg
Enthusiast
unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: Sony PRS-500/Astak EZReader 5"/PocketBook 360/Kindle
OK, thanks. You pointed me in the right direction. It turns out that you have to go to the bottom of the second page of the menu and track it down under styles->edit current style.

It also appeared that if I choose a font here, the regular font choice changes around a bit. I've been using Charis 22pt, but to get the same size after I've set Charis as part of the "regular paragraph" I have to go back to the main menu font selecter and choose 12pt. This gets me the same point size that I had before with 22pt.
unkilbeeg is offline   Reply With Quote