Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
glendalekid
Connoisseur
glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505
Book intact in Calibre - no pgs in reader

I've searched for an answer to this, but I haven't found one.

I have some e-books that show up in Calibre with all pages there. If I double-click on them in Calibre I can read them there. When I transfer the books to my Sony 505, there are no pages - just an error page with a triangle and exclamation point.

These are public domain e-pubs so no editing, converting, etc. should be necessary. I tried deleting them from my reader and loading them into the reader again. Same result.

Any ideas?
glendalekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
convert from epub to epub in calibre.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by glendalekid View Post
These are public domain e-pubs so no editing, converting, etc. should be necessary. I tried deleting them from my reader and loading them into the reader again. Same result.
The reason converting from ePub to ePub is required is the 505 uses Adobe Digital Editions to render the epub. This version requires your epub book to be broke up internally in html blocks of less then 300k. This way your reader can grab these chunks and deal with html in bites that its processor and memory can handle. Calibre automatically splits the internal epub into bite size units of 260k.

The Public domain books are in one large chunk. Calibre and your computer can handle it but your reader chokes because it doesn't have the means required.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:28 AM   #4
glendalekid
Connoisseur
glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505
Aha!! Thank you both very much. I will try that.
glendalekid is offline   Reply With Quote