Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 01:23 AM   #16
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne_Matheson View Post
The site works right up to viewing the products, then I get nothing in any browser. Oh well, they are beautiful to look at, what kind of pricing do they have?
clear your browser cache and try again. I was able to view all the K3 covers (except for the two new designs). The site is intermittently slow, but it works now.
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:42 AM   #17
Dwayne_Matheson
Connoisseur
Dwayne_Matheson is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
I didn't clear the cache, but I did get in... ordered! Can't wait, now I have no Kindle 3 and no case
Dwayne_Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 03:05 AM   #18
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I've been wanting an Oberon cover for over a year for my other ereader, but hesitated because of the pricing.
Now, what the hell: I've got my K3 and love it, so I am severely tempted to buy an Oberon (Dragonfly Pond blue). But I hesitate because the 'back'button and 'shift' are partially covered with a strap.
On the site it says that the buttons can be pushed through the straps and are perfectly reachable, but I like my K3 completely free as it is with the (less attractive) Amazon-cover.
I'm torn because the Oberon covers are so beautiful. What will I do?
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:28 PM   #19
aleccj1
Techie
aleccj1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (3G + WiFi), Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I've been wanting an Oberon cover for over a year for my other ereader, but hesitated because of the pricing.
Now, what the hell: I've got my K3 and love it, so I am severely tempted to buy an Oberon (Dragonfly Pond blue). But I hesitate because the 'back'button and 'shift' are partially covered with a strap.
On the site it says that the buttons can be pushed through the straps and are perfectly reachable, but I like my K3 completely free as it is with the (less attractive) Amazon-cover.
I'm torn because the Oberon covers are so beautiful. What will I do?
Same here. The lighted cover is a little too heavy to be used with one hand. I would prefer a combination of hinges and straps on the right, or even velcro. Not sure if I should take the cover back. Also, the Kindle seems like it could flop out and bend the hinges if held while reading laying down and being careless.
aleccj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:33 PM   #20
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
They took down the Kindle 1 page. (pouts)

OK, so I wasn't about to buy another K1 cover but it makes me feel sad to see the K1 disappear.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 06:32 PM   #21
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ordered a red Oberoncover " Wild Roses". To compensate for the totally not needed expenditure,(I have a perfectly good Amazoncover) I have it shipped overseas for only 7$; it takes 25 days.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #22
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Ordered a red Oberoncover " Wild Roses". To compensate for the totally not needed expenditure,(I have a perfectly good Amazoncover) I have it shipped overseas for only 7$; it takes 25 days.
Ouch. But it will be well worth the wait.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:34 PM   #23
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I say go for it if you can get one. I finally scored a (used) Oberon Roof of Heaven cover for my K2 yesterday. If I had known how much I would love it I would've bought one a lot sooner. It makes me happy to just look at it.

And by the way, it doesn't feel significantly bulkier to carry in my purse than the M-Edge Go cover did, and I like the "balance" of it better. (Thanks, kindlekitten, for reassuring me on that point.)
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:31 PM   #24
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I say go for it if you can get one. I finally scored a (used) Oberon Roof of Heaven cover for my K2 yesterday. If I had known how much I would love it I would've bought one a lot sooner. It makes me happy to just look at it.

And by the way, it doesn't feel significantly bulkier to carry in my purse than the M-Edge Go cover did, and I like the "balance" of it better. (Thanks, kindlekitten, for reassuring me on that point.)
my pleasure. their stuff truly is addictiing!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:47 AM   #25
uclaser
Connoisseur
uclaser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
oh yeahhh ordered the chocolate singing wolf cover cant wait to get my naked K3 some sexy clothing
uclaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #26
aleccj1
Techie

Okay, I've decided to take back the lighted cover and buy an oberon. Not sure if I should buy the Singing Wolf in blue, Roof of Heaven in blue, or the Forest in green. Can someone help me? I think I'm leaning towards the wolf.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #27
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleccj1 View Post
Okay, I've decided to take back the lighted cover and buy an oberon. Not sure if I should buy the Singing Wolf in blue, Roof of Heaven in blue, or the Forest in green. Can someone help me? I think I'm leaning towards the wolf.
What about the black Wild Roses? It gives the Kindle a kind of gothic look. I also like the blue Roof of Heaven.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #28
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
What about the black Wild Roses? It gives the Kindle a kind of gothic look. I also like the blue Roof of Heaven.
I agree. The Wild Rose Kindle 3 Cover looks good in black! Very Gothic!

The Singing Wolf also looks good in chocolate!

My K2 is in a blue Roof of Heaven. My K3 is in a saddle colored da Vinci Nook cover that I retro-fitted with a leather sewing tool to fit the Kindle. (I sold the Nook. A friend said she'll pay me Friday night, then I'll remove it from my list of devices.)

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 09-11-2010 at 07:34 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:39 PM   #29
aleccj1
Techie

I think I'm going to go for the chocolate singing wolf, or maybe in blue. I'm not a woman, so the black roses are too feminine...
Old 09-12-2010, 04:54 AM   #30
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleccj1 View Post
I think I'm going to go for the chocolate singing wolf, or maybe in blue. I'm not a woman, so the black roses are too feminine...
Then I would go for the chocolate Singing Wolf, so you can personalize your Kindle, as I did with the red Wild Roses; abundance and luxury--luxury for me; to be able to read a book whenever and where ever I want.

Last edited by desertblues; 09-12-2010 at 07:00 AM.