Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Looking for Pre-Readers? Post here.

Like VydorScope I'd appreciate willing pre-readers (or (p)readers if you like) for my second novel.

The book is a little over 140,000 words and I would class it as general fiction with a subclass of drama.

What I'm looking for is comments on character integrity, development and believability, story integrity and believability, whether I have tied up all loose ends, whether there are any bits that don't help the plot and don't provide colour and so on.

I am not looking for copy editing, that is misspellings, incorrect grammar, etc although if you find anything of that nature - you will - and want to comment of course I'm grateful.

First ten or so to pm me get the back cover blurb, and if you feel comfortable with it, you get the book. Tell me whether you want it in paper, epub or mobi, or, of course, pdf, and anyone who takes a mobi copy, please give me an idea how well formatted it is. Regarding pdf, I think I have A4 and 6"x9"

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-14-2012 at 10:22 AM.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:39 AM   #2
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I wonder if this kind of thread is better in the promotions or general section where the audience is much larger?
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Don't know if it would fit in either of those, but other writers tend to be better at telling you what's wrong with early drafts.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I asked the mods, and got the answer from HarryT that here is probably the place. I was wondering, too, but it doesn't seem quite right in either Deals, Freebies and Resources or Author self-promotions.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #5
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You already gave me a book to pre-read for you, so I'll get through that one first I think.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #6
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
I wonder if this kind of thread is better in the promotions or general section where the audience is much larger?
I would like to see a new forum for this
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
James_Wilde
Guru

Quote:
You already gave me a book to pre-read for you, so I'll get through that one first I think.
That's the one! It's early days yet, and I haven't started marketing properly, so I still have time for changes.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
James_Wilde
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by morriss003 View Post
I would like to see a new forum for this
I was actually thinking the same thing, Morriss, but these kinds of posts are still relatively few and far between, and maybe the mods are waiting until there's a bit more demand. Be awful if they formed one and got five threads a year!
Old 11-14-2012, 04:30 AM   #9
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Wilde View Post
I was actually thinking the same thing, Morriss, but these kinds of posts are still relatively few and far between, and maybe the mods are waiting until there's a bit more demand. Be awful if they formed one and got five threads a year!
Why not create a dedicated 'pre-readers wanted' thread where authors can post about books in need of feedback? Interested parties could subscribe to the thread to be notified of new opportunities, and the Writers Forum wouldn't get cluttered with a plethora of "Hey, I need pre-readers, too" threads.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:08 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
That's exactly what this thread is - or has become.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #11
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
That's exactly what this thread is - or has become.

Don
(Moderator)
Then you should change the subject to:
So that it is clear.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #12
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
So that it is clear.

Agreed.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So that it is clear.

Then you should PM the OP and ask him. If he has no objection, then I would be happy to do this.

Don
(Moderator)
Old 11-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #14
James_Wilde
Guru

No objections, Doc! At least I get my 15 minutes of fame as the OP!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Wilde View Post
No objections, Doc! At least I get my 15 minutes of fame as the OP!
You will always be the OP of this thread, and your fame will spread far and wide!

I'll change it now.

Don
(Moderator)

Tags
(p)readers, pre-readers, story editing