Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 03:00 AM   #1
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free and bargain romances in September 2012

Here we are again!

As requested, here is an outline of the purpose of this thread:

We point out free and bargain romances to each other, and occasionally recommend certain books that are/were free (or the opposite!).

Because Kindle freebies are easiest to find, the majority of the books listed are from Amazon, but freebies and bargains from other retailers and in other formats are more than welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom
Note: Blossom's links are all Amazon U.S. for Kindle unless stated otherwise.

Last edited by Britomart; 09-04-2012 at 04:16 AM.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:29 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
So which Month's DANL selection you gonna get?

Featured:
When You Give a Duke a Diamond by Shana Galen
Sultry With a Twist by Macy Beckett
Kiss of Steel by Bec McMaster
A Lady and Her Magic by Tammy Falkner

Bonus:
It Happened One Bite by Lydia Dare
Deliver Me From Darkness by Tes Hilaire
Lady Amelia’s Mess and a Half by Samantha Grace
I Love This Bar by Carolyn Brown

I already own the bonus books so I'm don't know which Featured one to get. I don't know if I can roll over this credit either seeing it's my last month before I renew so I don't want to lose it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
I'm getting Kiss of Steel. I love steampunk and it has pretty good reviews on GoodReads.
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Most likely kiss of Steel for me, too.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Carina Press has 3 titles on sale for $1.99 this month.

Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey (Kowalski #1) [Contemporary Romance]

Tainted Innocence by Joss Alexander [Historical Mystery]

The Relucatant Amazon by Sandy James (Alliance of Amazons #1) [Urban Fantasy/Romance]

Last edited by apesmom; 09-01-2012 at 11:58 AM.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
So which Month's DANL selection you gonna get?
I think I may get the Robin Kaye from last month.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #7
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free at Amazon:

The Temptation of Torilla US DE by Barbara Cartland (Eternal Collection #15, thus a reissue). How ridiculous can a heroine's name get? I know straight away I'll be calling her Tortilla when I read the book!

Quote:
The Marquis of Havingham visits his mother in Harrogate to tell her he intends to marry Lady Beryl Fern, the most acclaimed beauty in the Prince Regent’s circle. This should be the happiest day of his life – he is handsome, fabulously wealthy and now about to be a bridegroom. There is only one cloud on the horizon – he is not in love.

Convinced that true love is not worth the heartache, and that marriage to the ‘Incomparable’ Lady Beryl, will work because of their shared interests and position amongst the Beau Monde, only his mother is worried that he may be making a terrible mistake.

For Torilla, the daughter of a clergyman working in the deprived mining village of Barrowfield, the news of the wedding means travelling South to be her cousin, Lady Beryl’s, bridesmaid. Torilla is excited, not only about the wedding, but also the opportunity to return to the genteel parish she and her father left after the tragic death of her mother. For a young woman who has spent time amongst the grime and squalor of the mines, the lavish preparations and generosity of her cousin seem at times almost overwhelming.

But as the wedding draws ever nearer Torilla cannot help wondering how attached the betrothed couple really are to each other. Their relationship is certainly nothing like the perfect soul mates that the cousins used to dream of. Afraid to question her cousin, Torilla unknowingly shares the same concerns as the Marquis’ mother. Can a marriage really work that is based only on convenience?

And as Torilla gets to know the Marquis better she becomes even more convinced that this is not a match made in heaven. But will anyone be brave enough to say something? With her feelings in turmoil and filled with concern for the future happiness of all, Torilla certainly hopes so.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #8
Britomart
Guru

Also free at Amazon:

The Sorcerer's Revenge US DE by Linda Sole, a medieval fantasy novel that is volume 2 in a series.

There is a Linda Sole who has published quite a few books with Severn House, a UK publisher, and, under the name Anne Herries, numerous historical romances with Harlequin / Mills & Boon, but I can't find out if this is the same person.

Quote:
This is the continuing story of Melloria, Nicolas, Robert, Rhoda and the others. A big story of Medieval history and magic. In this book Nicolas begins to use the dark arts to recover his love and wreak revenge on the man who steals her.
Sword of the Raven US DE by Diana Duncan (repeat freebie)
Old 09-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #9
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I don't know if I can roll over this credit either seeing it's my last month before I renew so I don't want to lose it.
I was having the same thoughts; I chose When You Give a Duke a Diamond.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #10
Carmelreader
Groupie
Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, kindle HDX 8.9, ipad pro, ipad mini 2, Voyage, Oasis 2
Blossom, you said you already have the bonus books. Have you read them and recommend any? And can anyone tell me what they think of Catherine Mann's books? Thinking of getting Under Fire this month.

Last edited by Carmelreader; 09-01-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Carmelreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #11
SusanJ
Enthusiast
SusanJ has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle for PC
The Temptation of Torilla is also free at Amazon UK, but it assumed I meant "tortilla" and gave me recipe books, before I made it redo the search for the word I had typed

I *loved* Barbara Cartland's novels when I was younger, so this will be a real nostalgia trip. Thanks for the tip!
SusanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keslynn View Post
I'm getting Kiss of Steel. I love steampunk and it has pretty good reviews on GoodReads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Most likely kiss of Steel for me, too.
That's one does look good to me too. I've never read steampunk though.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I think I may get the Robin Kaye from last month.
I forgot you can get previous months selections.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #14
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I've got 4 credits left at DANL and basically nothing I really want to use them up on. I'll probably end up getting the two steampunk selections that have been offered thus far, maybe that fantasy elf invasion historical I was waffling over a couple of months back, and pick the most pharmaceutically-enhanced-looking title out of the remaining lot.

I've discovered that even when it's grounded in more-or-less actual history, there's just not enough historical content in most category historical romances to keep me interested (and aargh aargh aargh, they keep getting the actual history wrong if I want to read stock character versions of 20th century minds poorly transplanted into a pseudo-Austen costume drama I can get that free over at the Pit of Voles), so I've given up on that. Give me zany screwball absurdist comedy adventure crack instead. Qualifying recommendations from past months' selections welcome.

And is it just me, or does it look like the DANL member discount on other books is no longer the usual 40% off and something more like 25%?

On the plus side, that Carina Press $1.99 sale historical mystery looks to be a non-romantic one, so I'll probably pick that up. IIRC, their sale books don't stack with the discount coupons.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelreader View Post
Blossom, you said you already have the bonus books. Have you read them and recommend any? And can anyone tell me what they think of Catherine Mann's books? Thinking of getting Under Fire this month.
Catherine Mann is an autobuy for me. She is a harlequin author famous for her Wingmen series. When the super duper Harlequin coupon sale happen during the first of the year I bought all her backlist.

I have not read the bonus books yet. I haven't been in a historical mood yet this year. Carolyn Brown is an author some like and some can't stand. I happen to like Modern Westerns and have yet to read one I hate so I buy her books. I recently made a decision to try and read one sourcebook per month. So maybe that will change. The last one I read was a waste of my money but I know there are better ones out there. If I had to choose only from the bonus I go with Lydia Dare. I have heard sooo many good things about her regency werewolves series. I imagine her historical Vampires are just as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I was having the same thoughts; I chose When You Give a Duke a Diamond.
That's the another one I'm looking at. Choices...choices...