Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
maleia
maleia began at the beginning.

Device: ipad/bluefire reader
No valid license with bluefire

Hi, I borrow library books and download onto my pc through adobe digital editions. I then email the download to myself and open the book on my iPad via bluefire reader. I keep getting a no valid license when I try to open the book and there is a circle slash where the book cover should be. I have updated my date and time on my pc, authorized adobe digital editions as well as bluefire reader. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
maleia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Have you tried adding the ebooks via iTunes:
http://www.bluefirereader.com/help/libraryBooks.html

Unfortunately, there appears to be availability/expiration data associated with library books that are not contained in the ePub files themselves. Ran into the same problem when I copied library books to my Sony Reader without going through ADE.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
maleia

Sorry I don't want to pay for books when they are free at a library. Woudn't I have to pay for the iTunes route you suggested?
Old 10-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by maleia View Post
Woudn't I have to pay for the iTunes route you suggested?
No, you don't. The only difference between your method and the one on the link is instead of emailing the ebooks to yourself, you copy them via iTunes.

If that still doesn't work, you could install the OverDrive app on your iPad and download ebooks directly to OverDrive. Caveat, OverDrive isn't as customizable compared to other reader apps.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 10-02-2011 at 03:28 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
maleia

Wow! Thank you so much. I downloaded overdrive media and it is working. Much easier than the process I was using. Thanks again. Maleia
Advert