Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-02-2008, 06:04 AM   #166
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Congratulations, pilotbob!
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:52 AM   #167
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
So using everyday mathematics, that basically works out to:
Code:
Uploaded books:	1500	64% of Total Posts are ebooks!
Total Posts:	2340	36% of Total Posts are responses.
Posts per day:	6.61	
# days since joined:	354	(Total posts ÷ Posts per day)
Uploads per day:	4.24	(1500 ÷ 354)
Fantasic acheivement! You are posting just over an average of 4 ebooks per day!!! 365 days per year! (oh 354 days; not quite a year yet)
This is why I propose we arbitrarily change Patricia's Custom User Title to 'EBook Goddess'
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:54 AM   #168
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
Well here it is. Post #100.

Not much of a milestone maybe, but I just wanted to say it's been nice to be around you guys. I've realized that I no longer visit MR for the news... I do it for the community, and I think that's the best thing that can happen to a forum.

So thank you all, at my present posing rate, hopefully when I post here again for my #500 post, ebooks will be mainstream and we'll be simply bookworms instead of geeks/nerds.

BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #169
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKeeper View Post
Well here it is. Post #100.

Not much of a milestone maybe, but I just wanted to say it's been nice to be around you guys. I've realized that I no longer visit MR for the news... I do it for the community, and I think that's the best thing that can happen to a forum.

So thank you all, at my present posing rate, hopefully when I post here again for my #500 post, ebooks will be mainstream and we'll be simply bookworms instead of geeks/nerds.

Good for you BKeeper!
Every time I think about leaving something new comes along that chains me right back in. This week it's the dadaist unutterable silliness craze.

Before you know you'll be counting years instead of days. My count will be of two years soon.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:42 PM   #170
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Top wiki page has been read over 200,000 times

While it was none of my doing (it was here when I got here) the top wiki page just went over 200,000 hits. https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_Reader_Matrix
The reason that is is so high compared to the others is that it has over 750 site pages directly referencing it according to Google.

However the rest of the wiki is strong and statistics are now becoming relevant. Wiki users are pretty interested in eBook file formats as well as hardware. E-book conversion is in the number 3 slot right after the main page with 66,914 and in number 10 we find E-book formats with 20,686 hits. Which formats are our users interested in you might ask. Here is the breakdown for the top 20:
1. LRS /LRF/LRX‎(3,369 views)
2. MOBI ‎(3,354 views)
3. EReader ‎(2,207 views) - diluted since the same page has both format and reader
4. PDB ‎(2,089 views) - multiple palm formats
5. IMP ‎(1,652 views) - surpised?
6. CBR/CBZ ‎(1,609 views) - comic book formats.
7. PRC ‎(1,550 views) - mixed interest but mostly mobi probably.
8. AZW / topaz ‎(1,511 views) - Kindle
9. DOC ‎(1,360 views) - a mix of Microsoft Word and PalmDOC
10. PDF ‎(1,164 views)
11. EPUB ‎(1,136 views)
12. TXT ‎(949 views) - diluted as ASCII is also on this page
13. WOLF ‎(876 views)
14. CHM ‎(752 views)
15. LIT ‎(736 views)
16. RTF ‎(705 views)
17. FB2 ‎(670 views)
18. HTML ‎(652 views)
19. XML ‎(629 views)
20. RSS ‎(607 views)

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:49 PM   #171
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's really good news, Dale. You are doing a great job with the wiki.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:57 PM   #172
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
5. IMP ‎(1,652 views) - surprised?
So among you, me and zelda, who else would be interested?
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #173
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Just posted number 3,333. Well, I liked the number.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:13 PM   #174
Patricia
Reader

It came and it went within minutes of your post, Wood. But it was a nice number.

I've been a forum member for exactly a year today. Maybe I'll make 3333 post in about six months. (But sooner, if I can't resist the unutterable and ineffable silliness of things.)
Numbers are interesting. A colleague of mine has a T-shirt which reads, "667: the Neighbour of the Beast."
Old 05-13-2008, 06:20 PM   #175
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
It came and it went within minutes of your post, Wood. But it was a nice number.

I've been a forum member for exactly a year today. Maybe I'll make 3333 post in about six months. (But sooner, if I can't resist the unutterable and ineffable silliness of things.)
you cannot resist the ineffable silliness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Numbers are interesting. A colleague of mine has a T-shirt which reads, "667: the Neighbour of the Beast."
i want a t-shirt that says that.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:00 PM   #176
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:01 PM   #177
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
*that's* what i was trying to say.

(damned... in 2 syllables....)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:31 PM   #178
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

I should have quoted that... The Borg.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:11 PM   #179
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'd like to point out that sometime today HarryT passed Alexander Turcic in total number of posts.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:53 PM   #180
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I'd like to point out that sometime today HarryT passed Alexander Turcic in total number of posts.
It's the US (Unutterably Silly) threads that did it. We actually caught him in our silly web once. It was like seeing your grandfather do the twist in bowling whites to Smells like Teen Spirit...initially disturbing, then kind of funny, then hilarious and then, somehow, strangely attractive (or was that just me?).

Cheers,
Marc (who may be trolling for a "grandfather"ly reaction. G'day, Harry! ~grin~)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote