Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #1
Blurr
Blurr began at the beginning.

Device: none
Remove books option

Is there a way to get calibre to prompt before removing books? I told it not to ask me and now I want it to again.

I tried changing the gui.py file option back to True with wordpad, but it always changes back to False when i start calibre

Thanks
Blurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:34 AM   #2
Blurr

Is there an option I'm not seeing in the preferences to make calibre prompt me after I hit the remove books button or something other than wordpad I should be using to edit the gui.py file?
Advert
Old 12-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The only way to do it is to edit gui.py, you could just delete gui.py and the setting should revert to default.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:30 PM   #4
Blurr

deleting the gui.py file didn't help. Calibre still removes books with no prompt. The option was set to False when the new gui.py file was created.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:01 PM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Was calibre running when you deleted the file?
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
Blurr

heh, no I exited via the task bar first
Old 12-14-2009, 03:22 PM   #7
Blurr

calibre seems to be defaulting the option to False, even when creating a new gui.py file. All the other options reset, just not the remove books option. Is there another file that calibre is referencing that I need to change?
Old 12-14-2009, 03:23 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The relevant setting is in dynamic.pickle not gui.py
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #9
Blurr

That got it, thanks. Deleted dynamic.pickle and then changed the gui.py option back to True. It would be nice to be able to turn on and off that option via the preferences window, although I'm sure there are more important (and cooler) things on the list for the next version.