Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-11-2010, 04:16 PM   #166
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, I've loaded my library books and they work very well.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #167
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
I've noticed a problem today. If one has previously checked out a book using Adobe DE and tries to load it into Bluefire, the book can't be read. It shows up with the circle with an line through it. If you download a book that hasn't been downloaded before, it works perfectly.

I've verified this with three different books. Also, if you load a new book, then return it, then try to reload it, it doesn't work so you can try for yourseld to see if this behavior is happening to you.
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:52 PM   #168
kkay5
kkay5 began at the beginning.

Device: B&N eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterpops View Post
I've noticed a problem today. If one has previously checked out a book using Adobe DE and tries to load it into Bluefire, the book can't be read. It shows up with the circle with an line through it. If you download a book that hasn't been downloaded before, it works perfectly.

I've verified this with three different books. Also, if you load a new book, then return it, then try to reload it, it doesn't work so you can try for yourseld to see if this behavior is happening to you.
I have several books that I had checked out and downloaded and started reading on my Nook and I was able to add and read them in the Bluefire Reader app.

If you have a returned a book, then I would expect you should NOT be able to read it in the app.
kkay5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:28 PM   #169
Jane12
Groupie
Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iDevices
Quote:
I experienced the same problem with one book I had borrowed a few days ago -- circle with line and can't be read on Bluefire, even though the book is not expired and reads fine on my computer using ADE.

I tried borrowing a couple more books. One worked perfectly. Two others failed. So there's definitely something glitchy here.

P.S. to Micah and the Bluefire Team - Thanks for the extra font sizes! They help a lot!

Last edited by Jane12; 11-11-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Jane12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #170
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadata View Post
Ah, the updated app works perfectly (except for the part where it still freezes when I hit the home button)... at least I can still use it, I just have to reboot everytime I exit.
You are jailbroken, yes?
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:56 PM   #171
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Perhaps the previous books were expired? And yes, if you return a book, you can't read it anymore
Old 11-11-2010, 07:06 PM   #172
egarbacz
egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Boox Nova2
Micah, thanks so much for getting the Overdrive support out, so far it has worked great for me. I have some more details on the slowness. Here are some numbers that may help you. This is from the latest Bluefire release. If there are any other details or tests you need let me know.

no DRM epub #1:
  • Size: 221 kb
  • Time to open book: 25 seconds
  • Time to turn a page: 1.5 seconds

no DRM epub #2:
  • Size: 561 kb
  • Time to open book: 60 seconds
  • Time to turn a page: 5 seconds

Adobe DRM epub(from Overdrive):
  • Size: 312 kb
  • Time to open book: 3 seconds
  • Time to turn a page: almost instant

Ed G.
egarbacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #173
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by egarbacz View Post
Micah, thanks so much for getting the Overdrive support out, so far it has worked great for me. I have some more details on the slowness. Here are some numbers that may help you. This is from the latest Bluefire release. If there are any other details or tests you need let me know.

no DRM epub #1:
  • Size: 221 kb
  • Time to open book: 25 seconds
  • Time to turn a page: 1.5 seconds

no DRM epub #2:
  • Size: 561 kb
  • Time to open book: 60 seconds
  • Time to turn a page: 5 seconds

Adobe DRM epub(from Overdrive):
  • Size: 312 kb
  • Time to open book: 3 seconds
  • Time to turn a page: almost instant

Ed G.
Wow, those are really odd/slow page turn times. I've never seen anything like that on all our test devices. That would SUCK. any chance you could send the problem files to info@bluefiire.tv?
Old 11-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #174
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
These books were not expired. Each had a 21 day until expiration and worked fine in ADE, but had circle with a bar in Bluefire.
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #175
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph_g View Post
OMG - I love you people! I just downloaded my first library book to my iPad. It worked! Thank you so, so much. I really would be happy to pay for this app just for this purpose. It's amazing that you could do what it seems Apple and Overdrive are unable (or unwilling) to do. You might want to make sure people know they have authorize their iPad with their Adobe ID to make it work. I followed your excellent directions on your web site, but since I hadn't previously authorized the iPad, it didn't work at first. I finally figured out what I needed to do. You are awesome!
Thanks much. These kind of comments keep us going. I can't really take much credit (I'm just a UX guy - and chief bottle washer). I'm lucky enough to work with some of the most brilliant developers I've ever met (and I've worked with Sony, Microsoft, and Adobe for 20 years, so that's saying something)

And (humbly) I'd like to say that you ain't seen nothin yet!

Last edited by Micah; 11-11-2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: overly grandiose
Old 11-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #176
Jsimon
Enthusiast
Jsimon began at the beginning.

Q

Micah

Not to be greedy, but is there any way to download directly onto iPad?
Jsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #177
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsimon View Post
Micah

Not to be greedy, but is there any way to download directly onto iPad?
Are you talking DRM? no DRM? Should be the same on iPhone as iPad..
Old 11-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #178
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude

Off topic, and I think I mentioned it before, but there's an easy way to transfer books without tethering - if you have WIFI: Type "bluefirereader://nav/transfer " into mobile safari. That should launch BFR with instructions on what to type into the browser on your DESKTOP machine. Only one book at a time that way, but sometimes much faster than tether/iTunes.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #179
egarbacz
egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Boox Nova2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
Wow, those are really odd/slow page turn times. I've never seen anything like that on all our test devices. That would SUCK. any chance you could send the problem files to info@bluefiire.tv?
Micah, that email address bounced, should it be .com?
egarbacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #180
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by egarbacz View Post
Micah, that email address bounced, should it be .com?
ooops, looks like I had two ii's in there (touch keyboard...)

info"at"bluefire.tv

or micah"at"bluefire.tv
-Micah