Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #31
jswinden
Nameless Being

Pretty boring iPhone stuff, but that is what we expected. Incremental with a few cool new features, but nothing to make me want to trade up my iPhone 5. Actually, I like the looks of my 5 more than the 5s. Not that it matters as I hide it in my Otterbox Defender case!

Last edited by jswinden; 09-10-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
What happened to iTunes Radio?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #33
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Nothing, why?
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #34
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Maybe in October? No new iPods either. Really boring event this year!
Old 09-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #35
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
It's coming with iOS 7 isn't it?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #36
jswinden
Nameless Being

I'm hoping for an iPad Mini with higher resolution this year, but the rumormill is deafeningly quiet on that front.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #37
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Not that I am upgrading my iphone 5 but the fingerprint scanner bothers me, if its used to open the iphone what about more than one member of the family using the iphone? Hubby and I share mine.

''Fingerprint scanner confirmed, called "Touch ID". Built into the home button. Fingerprints can be read in any direction. The home button is made of sapphire to prevent scratching. "You can simply touch your home button to unlock your phone." You can also scan your fingerprint within apps to do stuff, like authenticate iTunes purchases.''
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #38
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Not that I am upgrading my iphone 5 but the fingerprint scanner bothers me, if its used to open the iphone what about more than one member of the family using the iphone? Hubby and I share mine.

''Fingerprint scanner confirmed, called "Touch ID". Built into the home button. Fingerprints can be read in any direction. The home button is made of sapphire to prevent scratching. "You can simply touch your home button to unlock your phone." You can also scan your fingerprint within apps to do stuff, like authenticate iTunes purchases.''
I think they said it could remember multiple fingers. If so, then they could be from multiple users.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #39
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It's coming with iOS 7 isn't it?
I was under the impression that it would be a standalone and compatible with older devices; like my iPod touch 4.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #40
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I was under the impression that it would be a standalone and compatible with older devices; like my iPod touch 4.
That part may be, I don't know. I guess what I meant was it would launch when iOS 7 does.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #41
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Maybe in October? No new iPods either. Really boring event this year!
Maybe they're going to kill off the iPod touch
Old 09-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #42
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post

I don't know if the scanner can handle multiple users, but the keypad isn't going away.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #43
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
That part may be, I don't know. I guess what I meant was it would launch when iOS 7 does.
Ahhh... gotcha. If so, then that's next week.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #44
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
Nothing, why?
Because my iPod wants it
Old 09-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #45
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Maybe they're going to kill off the iPod touch
The iPod touch 5 gets iOS 7, but your iPt4 was pronounced dead at the scene like you predicted! I think they might stop the iPod touch line if the iPhone C is a success. I doubt they will kill off the rest of the iPods though as they sell well. The iPod arguably saved Apple and made it the mega corporation it is today.