Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-19-2014, 06:09 PM   #1771
jation
Enthusiast
jation began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
I am trying to change top margine on my KPW2 (5.4.5.1)
I open ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar in qbe --> ReaderResources_en_GB.class --> change top margin

But whenever I press "Save method" I get this error:
Error: Instruction requires an argument of type byte at line 786, instruction "bipush"

Line 786: bipush 254 on default
Is this error in original file and I only have to change Line 786:sipush 254

Thanks!
jation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 06:48 PM   #1772
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@jation: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=236780
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2014, 08:12 PM   #1773
jation
Enthusiast
jation began at the beginning.

^ Thank you, everything works fine now!
jation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:09 PM   #1774
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Hello,
I run kpw 5.3.4 with jbpatch 4.0.0 and seem to have a problem with hyphenation. The dumb one works. The language based, does not. The books have the right language metadata. There is no dictionary installed. The JBPatch logs reports that the hyphenation files are loaded correctly. However...

Later edit: Dumb works; English works; French works; Romanian does not work. Strange.

Later edit: The Romanian hyphenation file needs edit. It lacks the classes tag. Once I added this, Romanian hyphenation works as it should

Last edited by hfpop; 02-08-2015 at 04:09 AM.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:09 PM   #1775
netikja
netikja began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Sorry for that question, but is there any way to get the L/R margins smaller in case of Kindle PW2 with 5.6.1.0.6? I have it jaibroken, KUAL and MR Installer within.
netikja is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2015, 06:34 PM   #1776
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
kaznelson has not updated his patches for the 5.6.x firmware branch. This thread has plenty of hints for doing it yourself, though -- if you feel comfortable doing so.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 03:34 PM   #1777
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
JBPatch in nature is something like Xposed for Android OS. In Xposed, we have a fail-proof way to disable Xposed patches (called modules) if things go bad and system fails to boot. At boot time, user would press certain buttons a few times as a signal to disable Xposed. The reason I'm mentioning this is that, if there was such a mechanism in JBPatch, someone like me who has a hard-earned Kindle DXG, would dare to play with it and as it modifies running process at boot time (/opt/amazon/ebook/bin/init.xargs) and on these very subtle devices, things go wrong very easily resulting in a brick.

Is there such an option possible? or done by someone?

Last edited by thatworkshop; 08-24-2015 at 12:05 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:06 PM   #1778
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Has a brave (and rich ) soul had success getting JBPatch run on Kindle DX(G) (i.e. v2 devices)? My instincts (and ixtab's statement) tells me it is definitely possible, but my pocket tells me not to risk it! hehehe
Old 08-29-2015, 12:21 AM   #1779
SCrid2000
SCrid2000 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
kaznelson has not updated his patches for the 5.6.x firmware branch. This thread has plenty of hints for doing it yourself, though -- if you feel comfortable doing so.
I don't feel particularly comfortable trying, but I suppose I'll give it a go if I can figure out where where start. Seeing a how there's hundreds of posts in this thread though, I'd very much appreciate if you can give me an idea of where to start
SCrid2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:29 AM   #1780
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCrid2000 View Post
- - - -
Seeing a how there's hundreds of posts in this thread
- - - -
thousands.

And when you find them, add them to the Wiki master index (unless they are already there).

Using the advanced search feature here will probably be required.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:39 AM   #1781
thatworkshop
hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoit View Post
Has a brave (and rich ) soul had success getting JBPatch run on Kindle DX(G) (i.e. v2 devices)? My instincts (and ixtab's statement) tells me it is definitely possible, but my pocket tells me not to risk it! hehehe
Ok, that does it!
Does anyone have any last moment suggestion before I go ahead and do something dumb to get JBPatch on my DXG just like K3?
Old 08-30-2015, 02:58 AM   #1782
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCrid2000 View Post
I don't feel particularly comfortable trying, but I suppose I'll give it a go if I can figure out where where start. Seeing a how there's hundreds of posts in this thread though, I'd very much appreciate if you can give me an idea of where to start
Java Bytecode Editor: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=236780
kaznelson's patched jars: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2527653

What you need to patch: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2699121
or https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2787641

You'll need to extract the unpatched jars from your current firmware, and patch them with JBE to add the fixed margins.

Last edited by eschwartz; 08-30-2015 at 03:12 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 07:40 AM   #1783
cru5h
cru5h began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5 / PW3
Has someone tested it on 5.6.5? Will it work the same way as on previous releases?
cru5h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:43 AM   #1784
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cru5h View Post
Has someone tested it on 5.6.5? Will it work the same way as on previous releases?
The principle remains the same.

The names of the functinons and variables changes with every firmware build.

Everything is publicly available, the author has published in a public repository in addition to this thread.

A good understanding of Java and the CVM (hardware assisted JVM) will help anyone who wants to port this stuff to a different firmware version.

One minor note, the author has a PhD in computer science.
( Brings a new meaning to: "a good understanding". )
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:41 PM   #1785
sprite7
sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
You'll need to extract the unpatched jars from your current firmware, and patch them with JBE to add the fixed margins.
I already have experience of editing jars with JBE for 5.4.5 fw, but how do I extract the unpatched jars? Tried usbnetwork, but couldn't make it work
sprite7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks