Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #1096
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by iampiti View Post
Did you try a long press on the back button? Sometimes it works for getting out of strange situations.
I will try your suggestion although I believe I already tried something like this.
However after having more problems like this I gave up, I am short of time and I report bugs here or post suggestions as I run into them while I am studying.

At this moment I entirely gave up on highlighting and went back to scribbling which is equally stable and quick. I did not have time to check to see if it happens to any document but I did notice a pattern. When you have this problem if you open the doc again and manage to see the annotations list you seem to be able to make just around one page and a half of annotations. At this point the highlighting becomes slow and unresponsive. After that the only way to continue is to merge the annotations and to start like fresh or to continue by using scribbling not highlighting

One more observation; the reader seems to be frozen but if you have enough time or patience and wait long enough you might see that it eventually tries to do what you wanted (hightlight text). It responds to your command with a delay of 5-10 minutes!!
This made me guess that it might also have something to do with the refresh process. This might be a really bad idea (almost unbelievable) but the programmer might try to add a new annotation using a refresh function which seem to refresh the look for all the annotations otherwise I can't understand why the lag and why the ereader reacts slower and slower as the number of annotations increases

THis is of course for the new PDF reader

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 12-10-2012 at 01:40 PM.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #1097
elkm
elkm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle and OnixBook M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
Someone has mentioned M92 does not support latest major (do not know if 3.x or 4.x) stardict. If 3.0.3 is in this not supported family, than you need 2.x (or 1.x).

I use about 10 stardict dictionaries and no problem.

Hi Mono,

did you build any of these dictionaries yourshelf?

can you give a link to a stardict editor that works with the M92?

I have the dict file in TXT ready to use but don't have the editor to make it work on the Onix M92!

Tks
Ewerton
elkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #1098
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Hi, I used dictionaries made by others, I did not buid any of them. I just copied 3 (or so files) to the folder for given dictionary. Each dictionary in separate folder.

Maybe try first to install any dictionary, just to be sure, you install dictionaries correctly...
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #1099
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
feature request/suggestion: in the settings section it would be useful to have the option to select the default tool when you switch the toolbars in the new PDF reader

Ex: every time when I switch from Zoom tools to Annotation tools I would prefer to have "Scribbling" selected. Same way one tools should be the default tool for any other bar
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #1100
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
UPD. 12.12.12

Hello everybody!
Here is a new patch with fixes of most important bugs in the new PDF Reader

Please download this file:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/pd...er%20Patch.rar

Unzip it and copy those three files from archive to the internal memory of your device. In your device click on update.oar and the last update for PDFReader will be installed.
The device will reboot.

What has been fixed:
  • PDF Reader. Margins settings and Customized Zoom are not saved after closing a book
  • PDF Reader. Standby issue 1. Home button causes exit from the pdf after return from standby
  • PDF Reader. Standby issue 2. Controlls are non functional after return from standby
  • PDF Reader. Glyph embolden >0. Page turn issue.
  • PDF Reader. Annotations. Highlighting of empty area causes exit.
  • PDF Reader. Key mapping. the order of tools has been changed. Now pan + zoom are set by default.
  • PDF Reader. no confirmation is needed if exiting a book with Close Icon in main menu

Also refer to the first post

Next step. Currently we are focusing on improvement of the margine settings (two point margins in page setup). The new Update will be available soon.
We are discussing all your recommendations and suggestions and many of them will be implemented. Thank you very much for the activities here in forum!

Request to MODERATORS: Please make this thread sticky. Thanks!

Last edited by Booxtor; 12-12-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #1101
ferlanero
ferlanero began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92 Booxtor Edition - iLiad 2nd Edition
Thx! Trying it and reporting! Thanks again!
ferlanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #1102
bestimmer
bestimmer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Onyx M92
Hi Booxtor,

great, thank you for the update.

I just did a short test to confirm that Standby issues 1&2 are solved but somehow a new (but fortunately less serious) came up

I just found out that the last scribbled note before entering standby seems to be gone or disappeared after returning from standby. Actually it's not, because I also found out (by coincidence) that it reappears when you tap the scribble icon again....

Best regards,
André
bestimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #1103
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestimmer View Post
Hi Booxtor,

great, thank you for the update.

I just did a short test to confirm that Standby issues 1&2 are solved but somehow a new (but fortunately less serious) came up

I just found out that the last scribbled note before entering standby seems to be gone or disappeared after returning from standby. Actually it's not, because I also found out (by coincidence) that it reappears when you tap the scribble icon again....

Best regards,
André
This in fact existed prior to this new update. BTW, is "use old PDF" option still there?
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #1104
ferlanero
ferlanero began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92 Booxtor Edition - iLiad 2nd Edition
Everything on this update works great! Thanks Booxtor!
ferlanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #1105
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestimmer View Post
Hi Booxtor,
I am not sure if this has been allready reported, but this or similar issue is in reader for very very long time (as far as I remember). It was for sure also in and old pdf reader.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #1106
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: M92
A stupid question: where can the installed version of the PDF-reader be found? (i don't know if it has been updated)
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:59 PM   #1107
oji
oji began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT, Onyx M92SM
Hello, Booxtor

First of all your firmware is just great, thank you for it.

Next, could you help me to understand is it possible to use the statusbar buttons in a non-touch models?.

And finally, how to use the "Custom Margins" & "Two Point Margins" options with no touch?

I own the M92SM Titan modification which lacks of sound, network & sensor function

Thank you.
oji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:07 AM   #1108
oji
oji began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT, Onyx M92SM
And little bugreport. With the latest patch (and without) when reading PDF in ladnscape mode, in scroll mode, there is an error of dotted line placement — sometimes it just disappears, somtimes placed incorrectly & only in a rare cases it's just where i've done reading on the previous page.
oji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:45 AM   #1109
RobinDesBois
RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Great update! And i'm also happy to report that the bug i was experiencing with page turn by swype (with pdf at new pdf reader) is now gone!
Glad to know i'm able to turn page by swype again
RobinDesBois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:05 AM   #1110
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderland View Post
A stupid question: where can the installed version of the PDF-reader be found? (i don't know if it has been updated)
In /opt/onyx/arm/bin/ the version is from 12.12.12

Or just try to reproduce any of described bugs. If all works just fine - you've got the correct app.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote