Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #331
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
I haven't been able to get the wallpaper to stay. It goes away each time I put it to sleep and wake it up.
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #332
Athens80
Connoisseur
Athens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I remove the phone, sms and contact and web icons from the bottom and replaced them with Default launcher, WiFi switch, Lock Screen and Silk.
Do you have a recommendation for which WiFi Switch app to use with the Fire? I see several different apps available on 1Mobile with this name. How about Lock Screen?
Athens80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #333
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athens80 View Post
Do you have a recommendation for which WiFi Switch app to use with the Fire? I see several different apps available on 1Mobile with this name. How about Lock Screen?
See this post for the ones I use.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #334
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarky View Post
I haven't been able to get the wallpaper to stay. It goes away each time I put it to sleep and wake it up.
Yep - themes will stick, but the wallpaper won't. I've looked and looked in settings & preferences, tried the "lock screen" thing but that didn't do it. Disappointing, but still I love GO Launcher for keeping my apps organized on different pages. The busy Fire wallpapers just make it more difficult to see some of the icons.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:48 AM   #335
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Yep - themes will stick, but the wallpaper won't. I've looked and looked in settings & preferences, tried the "lock screen" thing but that didn't do it. Disappointing, but still I love GO Launcher for keeping my apps organized on different pages. The busy Fire wallpapers just make it more difficult to see some of the icons.
Some of the wallpaper isn't too bad but as you said most are too busy. If I am going to using the Fire I just change the Wallpaper but I wish there was icon that I could just tap and it changed it for me then having to go the long way around.
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #336
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:

I remove the phone, sms and contact and web icons from the bottom and replaced them with Default launcher, WiFi switch, Lock Screen and Silk.
That's what I'm trying to do but I haven't figured out how to change those. Help, please?

Edit: Never mind, figured it out. Just drag them over there!

Last edited by bjones6416; 01-05-2012 at 09:06 AM.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #337
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
That's what I'm trying to do but I haven't figured out how to change those. Help, please?

Edit: Never mind, figured it out. Just drag them over there!
Glad you figure it out. I really like this launcher and the widgets are nice to have back too.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #338
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I put on the new homescreen for now the Weather Channel Widget, a clock and a calendar (but I don't recall off hand the specific names of those last two widgets).

I'd say try putting some of those on the homescreen and I think you'll like having them there!
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #339
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
I put on the new homescreen for now the Weather Channel Widget, a clock and a calendar (but I don't recall off hand the specific names of those last two widgets).

I'd say try putting some of those on the homescreen and I think you'll like having them there!
I have beautiful widgets I use on my phone and got for a dime when it was on sale. It looks nice on the Fire.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #340
semillon
Enthusiast
semillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdom

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad
change wallpaper (no root)

I was able to change my wallpaper with the rotating wallpaper app (http://www.1mobile.com/rotating-wallpaper-139882.html).
I got the setup instructions from this YouTube video
**ETA: the original video is gone , but here is an alternate one http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=8GJP3dAenEg**
Hope this helps everyone running GoLauncher

Last edited by semillon; 01-05-2012 at 11:55 PM.
semillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #341
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by semillon View Post
I was able to change my wallpaper with the rotating wallpaper app (http://www.1mobile.com/rotating-wallpaper-139882.html).
I got the setup instructions from this YouTube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPEzaqW4ksU)
Hope this helps everyone running GoLauncher
Says the video has been removed. Does the wallpaper stay the same after you put it to sleep?
Old 01-05-2012, 11:48 PM   #342
semillon
Enthusiast
semillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdom

Quote:
Says the video has been removed. Does the wallpaper stay the same after you put it to sleep?
Sorry about that, I just watched it yesterday.

Basically, if you set the rotation to 1min your wallpaper will override the KF wallpaper once the device has been asleep for 1min. Unless I turn mine right back on after it sleeps it shows my wallpaper, even at the lock screen.

I just created a wallpaper set with 1 image so it stays the same all the time.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:44 AM   #343
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Does this change the default wallpaper when you go back to the Amazon launcher?
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #344
semillon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Does this change the default wallpaper when you go back to the Amazon launcher?
You never see the wallpaper when you are in the stock KF launcher (except at the lockscreen), so when yo go to your Amazon KF launcher you still see the wood-like shelves and all the stuff on them.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #345
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by semillon View Post
Sorry about that, I just watched it yesterday.

Basically, if you set the rotation to 1min your wallpaper will override the KF wallpaper once the device has been asleep for 1min. Unless I turn mine right back on after it sleeps it shows my wallpaper, even at the lock screen.

I just created a wallpaper set with 1 image so it stays the same all the time.
I'm going to give it a try!