Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-02-2014, 08:19 PM   #31
comox
Enthusiast
comox began at the beginning.

Device: none
With the new DLL's I am getting a dll error from libplist when starting Calibre.

Just to be clear, I am running Win 8.1 64 bit with Calibre 2.8 32 bit.

Re-reading the intro it seems Calibre 32 bit has not been tested. Does this mean we should switch to Calibre 64 bit to take advantage of this fix?

Last edited by comox; 11-02-2014 at 08:55 PM.
comox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:46 AM   #32
rjh4242
Enthusiast
rjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Marvin 3 on iPad/iPhone
By the way I should follow up my "database is malformed" issue on my iPad by saying I am running ios8.1 on a 3rd gen iPad with calibre 2.8 64-bit on Windows 8.1 64-bit. Can't be the already known Mac based issue, as I only use Windows 64bit. Also, since my iPhone 4s works fine with the new DLLs, maybe it's not related to this issue. Any suggestions?
rjh4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2014, 02:07 AM   #33
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by comox View Post
With the new DLL's I am getting a dll error from libplist when starting Calibre.

Just to be clear, I am running Win 8.1 64 bit with Calibre 2.8 32 bit.

Re-reading the intro it seems Calibre 32 bit has not been tested. Does this mean we should switch to Calibre 64 bit to take advantage of this fix?
Personally I have not tested the 32 bit version yet, so I suggest you use the 64 bit version instead.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:37 AM   #34
tozzi
tozzi began at the beginning.

Device: marvin
@ShellShock

IT WORKS! calibre 2.8 (64bit), marvin 2.8, iosra 1.4.4, marvin xd 1.2.4

Good work and thank you for all heroes working on this topic!

Probably you'll find out how transfering annotations from marvinxd back to calibre. It's not working. Probably still broken?

Thank you

tozzi
tozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:29 AM   #35
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Hi @ShellShock

I have now replaced Calibre with the 64 bit version and now have a different problem after putting in your 64 bit dlls.

Log attached.

Thanks for your help
How many books do you have in Marvin?
Have you tried the trouble shooting steps https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?t=241143? Especially a hard reset of your device?
Advert
Old 11-03-2014, 04:52 AM   #36
Zebedi
Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.

Device: IPad Pro 12.9, 10.5, IPhone SE
Firstly thanks to all for all for the time and effort spent on this problem

I am running Windows 7 64 bit with Calibre 2.7 64 bit.

I followed the instructions and copied over the dll's and wonder of wonders it worked. I started to copy over my books to Marvin - no trouble at all. Then as I was adding the last 29, I got a message - Error communicating with device and the following

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 502, in _books
File "C:\Users\Janice\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_k7gjrt \omqnpb_ios_local_db\Marvin_overlays.py", line 285, in books
File "C:\Users\Janice\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_k7gjrt \omqnpb_ios_local_db\Marvin_overlays.py", line 2352, in _restore_from_snapshot
File "C:\Users\Janice\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_k7gjrt \omqnpb_ios_local_db\Marvin_overlays.py", line 2328, in _validate_mainDb_profile
File "C:\Users\Janice\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_k7gjrt \omqnpb_ios_local_db\Marvin_overlays.py", line 1579, in _compare_mainDb_profiles
File "C:\Users\Janice\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_k7gjrt \omqnpb_ios_local_db\Marvin_overlays.py", line 2109, in _profile_db
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

I reinstalled 2.7 but no joy.

Having had it working for half an hour it is very frustrating and confusing.

Also when I try to customise the plugin to check if it is still linked to Marvin I get an error message - Import error no module name PyQt4

If i leave the ipad connected windows just keeps telling me that an ios device is attached but calibre says error communicating with device.

Thanks for your help
Zebedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:28 AM   #37
fkuehner
fkuehner began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
not running on Calibre 2.8 Portable on W 8.1-64

Hi there,

when trying to install the iOS Plugin in Cal 2.8. Portable with the new 32bit DLLs, i get the attached Errormessage...

When i try to use the 64bit DLLs, i gte the following error whwn trying to install the iOS-Plugin:

calibre, version 2.8.0
FEHLER: Installation des Plugins fehlgeschlagen: Während der Installation des Plugins ist ein Problem aufgetreten. Dieses Plugin wird nun entfernt. Bitte veröffentlichen Sie die Fehlermeldung im Detail unten in den Foren-Thread dieser Erweiterung und starten Sie Calibre neu.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 712, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 383, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 550, in initialize_plugin
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe4 in position 520: invalid continuation byte

any hints ?

byby

Freddy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre-eror.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	130535  
fkuehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:31 AM   #38
huser
huser began at the beginning.

Device: ipad2
For me it did not work with 32-bit Calibre one 64-bit Windows 7. Same error as for comox. So i unstalled 32-bit and installed 64-bit Calibre and then copied the dlls and now it works, my ipad2 connects agains!!! . Thank you very much ShellShock!!
huser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:44 AM   #39
ShellShock
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkuehner View Post
Hi there,

when trying to install the iOS Plugin in Cal 2.8. Portable with the new 32bit DLLs, i get the attached Errormessage...

Freddy
Looks like a bug in how I built the 32 bit dlls. Should be simple to fix.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:19 AM   #40
fkuehner
fkuehner began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Looks like a bug in how I built the 32 bit dlls. Should be simple to fix.
Well, would be highly appreciated to have them in hands ;-)
fkuehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #41
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
I'm using Calibre 1.48 on a WinXP computer (yeah, I know, I know...). I will try to test the new DLLs later today. Query: Do I need to fear the "malformed database" error when I try to connect to Marvin or is that just a Mac problem? I'm a bit wary of trashing my Marvin database as I have a looooooot of books on my device.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #42
ShellShock
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkuehner View Post
Hi there,

This is now fixed and tested with 32 bit Calibre on 64 bit Windows.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #43
ShellShock
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
I'm using Calibre 1.48 on a WinXP computer (yeah, I know, I know...). I will try to test the new DLLs later today. Query: Do I need to fear the "malformed database" error when I try to connect to Marvin or is that just a Mac problem? I'm a bit wary of trashing my Marvin database as I have a looooooot of books on my device.
No, it seems to happen on Windows now too, as in Zebedi's post earlier in this thread. There is an existing bug report raised for this on Mac https://github.com/Philantrop/calibr...ons/issues/130. I need time to digest it; it could be something in the Linux libimobiledevice code that I have ported to Windows, which means that the bug will now be common to Linux and Windows. Or it could be in Marvin, or the plug-ins, or ios 8. It seems to be related to the number of books in your (Marvin?) library. We need to narrow down the possibilities, and try pinpoint in which component the bug is.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:28 PM   #44
comox
Enthusiast
comox began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am back in business. All seems ok.

Thanks kindly for the effort you put into this.
comox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:33 PM   #45
AndrewG
Enthusiast
AndrewG began at the beginning.

Device: iPad using Marvin
Good morning @ShellShock.

I found the solution to the connection problem - I needed to update the Apple software on my windows machine. Having done that I can connect either my iPhone 4s, running IOS8, or my iPad2, running IOS7. However in both cases I now get the malformed database message (attached). I first saw this message (on my Mac machine) with the fix to IOSRA for the change from Qt4 to Qt5 and I suspect that it is related to this. I do not get the malformed database message when running Calibre 64 bit 2.8 on my Win 7 machine when I use the standard Calibre dlls (rather than your latest versions) and the iPad running IOS7.

All the best.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Error Message.txt (445 Bytes, 177 views)
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote