Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 02:49 AM   #1
yurikag
yurikag began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Paperwhite stuck on the boot screen

Hello.
My Kindle paperwhite is 3 days old. After downloading some mobi books, I have restarted it and paperwhite got stuck on the boot screen – tree, child and rotating progress indicator. It's been stuck there more than 24 hours.
The device is fully charged- all the time it in wall charger and indicator is green. And I have charged it overnight also.
I hold the power button down 100 times for 20 second and for several minutes, but Kindle will just grey out briefly and get stuck on the boot screen again.
Help me please!!! And sorry for my English…
yurikag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:57 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Did you read this thread? Something may be useful in it to help.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:10 AM   #3
yurikag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Did you read this thread? Something may be useful in it to help.
Yes, the device was plugged in wall charger overnight...
Old 02-01-2013, 03:27 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You need to contact Kindle Customer Service.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:09 AM   #5
yurikag

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You need to contact Kindle Customer Service.
CS sad me, that I should get the store (best buy) where we bought the device.. But I live outside USA...
No idea about other way? Factory reset the device?
Old 02-01-2013, 04:10 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How do you intend to Factory Reset it if it won't boot? Factory Reset is a menu item on the device itself!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:22 AM   #7
yurikag

May be some mac or pc application could help me?
Old 02-01-2013, 04:31 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I'd suggest asking in the Kindle Developer's Corner - a sub-forum of this forum. That's where you're most likely to get help. I'll move this thread there for you.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #9
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Sorry to say this, but: it was Amazon's own decision to make debricking the Paperwhites essentially impossible for the end user. So nobody here can give you an advice that doesn't require opening the device and soldering.

Except for this one: Plug the Kindle to a wall charger, and let it sit there for at least 24 hours (and then possibly force a reboot by pressing the power button for about 20 seconds). I doubt that it will work, but you have nothing to lose, so give it a try. Dead batteries cause a lot of different issues, and maybe (hopefully) yours is one of them.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #10
yurikag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Sorry to say this, but: it was Amazon's own decision to make debricking the Paperwhites essentially impossible for the end user. So nobody here can give you an advice that doesn't require opening the device and soldering.

Except for this one: Plug the Kindle to a wall charger, and let it sit there for at least 24 hours (and then possibly force a reboot by pressing the power button for about 20 seconds). I doubt that it will work, but you have nothing to lose, so give it a try. Dead batteries cause a lot of different issues, and maybe (hopefully) yours is one of them.
Thank you!
Is it possible charge it with iphone wall charger?
Old 02-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Yes, that's exactly what I use.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #12
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurikag View Post
Thank you!
Is it possible charge it with iphone wall charger?
Yep, that should do. As long as it's Micro USB, any standard charger should work.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #13
yurikag

Thank you.
Last question.. Should I remove device from the power source?
Old 02-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #14
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurikag View Post
Thank you.
Last question.. Should I remove device from the power source?
???

Errm... charging works best when the device is supplied with electricity, i.e., connected to a power source

So I don't understand your question - you probably meant to ask something different. Please rephrase.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #15
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
No. To "attempt the reboot" removal from power should not matter.
Err. Full hard reset?

Read next post.

Last edited by twobob; 02-01-2013 at 01:49 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote