Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #1
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
World War Z, you should give it a try

I just felt the need of posting this.

I am newer here and found this board to help me make my purchase of an Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro.

I didn't stick around the first two months, but after getting stuck in a rut of what to read I figure I come back here.

Anyways I think it was Dr. Dib (sorry if name is wrong) who started a thread about zombie books.

I saw about 4 people recommend this book. I am not that far into it, but with each page I am getting more and more into this book. It is a really a different type of story for Zombies.

I say it is really a hidden gem (maybe not so hidden, but the big horror fan I am, and liking zombies a lot (Thank you Resident Evil)) I never heard of it til this board.

But I also want to say this board is great as well, one of the best communities I have seen on the internet. I have yet to see any "flame wars" or "trolls." Kind of refreshing. I'll probably stick around now.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
cklammer
Zealot
cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Palm Centro, Acer Aspire One
Dr. Drib

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock View Post
Dr. Dib
It's "Dr. Drib", I think.
cklammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2009, 12:20 AM   #3
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Quote:
Originally Posted by cklammer View Post
It's "Dr. Drib", I think.
I thought I had it wrong, thanks.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:31 AM   #4
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
World War Z is a goood read. My wife and I took a road trip last summer and listened to the audio book; had some big name actors playing some of the rolls well produced and entertaining even if it was abridged.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #5
Jaime_Astorga
Member Retired
Jaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS-350-SC: Sony Reader Pocket Edition
Definitely a great zombie book. I liked it much better than its predecessor, the Zombie Survival Guide. It more resembles the last part of that book, on recorded attacks. Lots of nice sociological portrayals and commentary, combined with the attention and focus of the individual characters being interviewed, makes it awesome.

That said, I did find some sections a little slow for my taste. Like the one about the girl who communicates badly. Ah, well.
Jaime_Astorga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:

But I also want to say this board is great as well, one of the best communities I have seen on the internet. I have yet to see any "flame wars" or "trolls." Kind of refreshing. I'll probably stick around now.
Every once in a while you'll see trolls and flame wars.......but our mods do a great job of putting out the flames and our members usually chase away the trolls....

Glad you like it here.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #7
rock
Addict

Yeah Halfway through it and my only complaint is that he doesn't seem to go back to interviews that just end.

I hope he decides to write a full story about the war, with more suspense.

But I do get the point is suppose to be a historical retelling from the eyes of survivors, which is just as good.

Still a really good read. It is totally different.

I am thinking about picking up the graphic novel Friday for his survival guide.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:06 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
I thought I had it wrong, thanks.
Yes, that's me.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:03 AM   #9
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
I picked WWZ up after realizing it had several hundred mostly positive reviews (at Amazon.com) and, even better, had a 100% rebate at Fictionwise (I always check the 100%'s every time I'm going to buy something else, since it's essentially a free book if you're spending enough). I had no idea the author was the son of Mel Brooks.

Last edited by garygibsonsf; 12-11-2009 at 05:15 AM.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote