Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-05-2013, 02:03 AM   #61
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Try being an Spanish woman reading about all those wonderful Spanish males and looking around you
Terisa, you had me shout with laughter at that one! Only for me it's the sheiks - you read about all those tall, smouldering, {enter further adjectives at will} Arab or Turkish guys, and then you look up on the bus...
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:22 AM   #62
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
Terisa, you had me shout with laughter at that one! Only for me it's the sheiks - you read about all those tall, smouldering, {enter further adjectives at will} Arab or Turkish guys, and then you look up on the bus...
Or the cowboys...
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 05:34 AM   #63
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Samhain's featured titles for April. 30% off (stacks with pre-order discount) using code APRILSHOWERS [expires April 30th @ midnight EST).
I placed an order which included pre-orders for Hitched and Fugituve Heart. The coupon code said it applied and showed the correct (discounted) total on screen,. Yet I was charged the full amount according to my receipt/bank. I emailed them so hopefully will get this straightened out. I have never had issues using coupon codes at Samhain before and I've shopped there since back in the days they were My Bookstore and More.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #64
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I placed an order which included pre-orders for Hitched and Fugituve Heart. The coupon code said it applied and showed the correct (discounted) total on screen,. Yet I was charged the full amount according to my receipt/bank. I emailed them so hopefully will get this straightened out. I have never had issues using coupon codes at Samhain before and I've shopped there since back in the days they were My Bookstore and More.
Same thing happen to me but I caught it because I was using PayPal. It took 3 tries but I finally got it to work.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #65
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Same thing happen to me but I caught it because I was using PayPal. It took 3 tries but I finally got it to work.
I heard back already and they will issue me a refund. I do like good customer service
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #66
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Free today from Amazon: A Winter Ballad by Barbara Samuel. First published by HarperTorch (1994)

UK
Canada
DE
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #67
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
I heard back already and they will issue me a refund. I do like good customer service
I had the same thing happen yesterday, and immediately sent them an email, however, I have not heard back from them. I'm very annoyed right now. Looks like I will need to send them another email this morning.

I still want the books, but I want the discount also, and it doesn't seem like there is any way to get it.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #68
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I had the same thing happen yesterday, and immediately sent them an email, however, I have not heard back from them. I'm very annoyed right now. Looks like I will need to send them another email this morning.

I still want the books, but I want the discount also, and it doesn't seem like there is any way to get it.
I sent mine using the customer service link at the bottom of the page with the spot to provide your order number.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #69
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Just heard back from Samhain. My transaction is still pending, but they are going to refund the discount amount once the original transaction goes through.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #70
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
Just heard back from Samhain. My transaction is still pending, but they are going to refund the discount amount once the original transaction goes through.
It's best to use PayPal if one can till they get the issue it fixed. It will show the final price before you pay. If it's doesn't match you just have to keep trying till it does.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #71
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

I use Paypal for some stuff. But I've had some issues with them in the past as well. All eventually got corrected, so I'm not knocking them. This is the first time in 7 years I've had an issue at Samhain and they handled it very quickly.

Kobo is the only one I have major issues with their customer service. But I am addicted to their coupon codes, so...
Old 04-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #72
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Just did a transaction a couple of hours ago and everything worked fine, so perhaps they've fixed whatever the problem is. As far as their store goes Samhain was good CS the one time I had to contact them.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #73
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I use Paypal for some stuff. But I've had some issues with them in the past as well. All eventually got corrected, so I'm not knocking them. This is the first time in 7 years I've had an issue at Samhain and they handled it very quickly.

Kobo is the only one I have major issues with their customer service. But I am addicted to their coupon codes, so...
I not saying PayPal is best. CS is horrible I know, I was just saying it will show you the final amount you will be charge once you go their site but Brian says it's fixed so that is good news. Samhain has good support I had to contact them once to fix a download link so I don't have a problem buying from them when I can.

Kobo I have had to deal with many times. Ugh! Luckily it either resolved itself or they got back to me in a month or two.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #74
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Free @ Amazon

Home Field Advantage by Janice Kay Johnson
Formally published as Home Field Advantage by Janice Bartlett
Kismet Romance title

Almost Perfect
by Julie Ortolon
(Perfect Trilogy)

Indies:

Mother's Day Babies by Mona Risk
(Holiday Babies Series)

His Dark Enchantress by Victoria Chatham
(Books We Love Regency Romance)

Summer Passions by Michelle Mcmaster
Endorsed by Julianne Maclean
(Novella)

Slow Burn by E.B. Walters
(The Fitzgerald Family series)

The Tycoon's Revenge by Melody Anne
(Baby for the Billionaire - Book One)

Dead Again by Tracy Cooper-Posey

Thoroughbreds And Trailer Trash by Bev Pettersen

Bent by HB Heinzer

Existence by Abbi Glines

Bouquet Toss by Melissa Brown
Old 04-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #75
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Squeee!!!!!

$3.99 @ Amazon

Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens

Book One of the Kellan Kyle Trilogy!

Quote:
For almost two years now, Kiera’s boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she’s ever wanted: loving, tender, and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together—Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university—everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart. Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source—a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he’s purely a friend she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes . . . and none of them will ever be the same.
Awesome!!! Blue2u you got your wish!

I'm grabbing it even though I own the old version. This is the S&S one.

One of the best Series I've read. This book is a train wreck. all I can say is hold on it does get better! Remember they are young and have alot to learn.

Last edited by Blossom; 04-05-2013 at 02:08 PM.