Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
da2zoe
Book Addict
da2zoe began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color Rooted
Finding Installed Apps?

I've added Dolphin HD, AppBrain and Angry Birds to my newly rooted NC but now I can't find them. Where do they go so I can open them? I don't see them under Extras or Documents. Is there something simple I am missing?

I downloaded AppBrain from the Market so I could get the original Angry Birds app but not sure if I did it right. When it asked where to install I selected to the "phone" rather than the SD card. Some posts here say I may need to sideload it, but don't know how to do that because applications from either of these 2 markets require a phone - not an NC. So how do I do this? I have an Android phone with an SD but not sure how that would work.

Thank you in advance.
da2zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Extras does not update until the next tebbit
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
da2zoe
Book Addict

Thank you but what is "tebbit"....sorry but I'm not really up on the lingo yet.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
bryanzs
Zealot
bryanzs doesn't litterbryanzs doesn't litter

Device: Nook HD+, Nook ST Glow, PocketBook 360, Nook Color
I think they mean "reboot" - the new apps don't show up in the 'extras' area until the tablet is rebooted. That means a full power off (press and hold the power button until you're prompted to power off, then select the option to actually power it off), then press the power button again to turn the NC back on.

Hope that helps.
bryanzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I've no idea about "tebbit" either - but I can confirm that Extras doesn't update until you reboot.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #6
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
Extras does not update until the next tebbit
posting from an iPhone or ipad perhaps? Maybe even the nook itself.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #7
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Yep.
Rooted Nook Color, low light, clumsy fingers.
Good guess.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:48 PM   #8
qth37144
qth37144 began at the beginning.

Device: noone
any closer look where apps are? via ADB?
qth37144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:09 PM   #9
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by qth37144 View Post
any closer look where apps are? via ADB?
The apps go to /data/app and their data to /data/data.

You can browse those folders with a root file explorer, or you can navigate there with adb as well.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #10
da2zoe
Book Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
The apps go to /data/app and their data to /data/data.

You can browse those folders with a root file explorer, or you can navigate there with adb as well.
What is root file explorer? Is this a download I need to get from the Market?
Old 02-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #11
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by da2zoe View Post
yes. Once you have it you can see all the files on your nook.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #12
mariel9898
Connoisseur
mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Color, Droid 2 Global
in Extras

Quote:
Originally Posted by da2zoe View Post
Once your restart your NC all apps should be in Extras. I just went through this yesterday with mine.

If you can't find them, make sure to sign out of GoogleTalk and then download them again (go to Talk, hit settings then more, then sign out). I had that issue where the apps said they were downloading but didn't.
mariel9898 is offline   Reply With Quote