Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-22-2008, 02:15 AM   #16
pbennett
Enthusiast
pbennett began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
Nope, I still haven't received mine. So much for shipping near the end of September.
pbennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:48 AM   #17
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbennett View Post
Nope, I still haven't received mine. So much for shipping near the end of September.
If you go into the Forum and then News and Commentary, then to "STYLZ announces Second Kindle Cover" you will see what their reaction was when I very naughtily made it known that I was not impressed with their support for customers. I haven't received mine yet, but have two e-mails from them.

We will see what transpires.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #18
phoenixfire1965
phoenixfire1965 began at the beginning.

Unhappy

So I emailed Stylz again. They emailed me back promptly and stated (once again) that the shipping had encountered problems and that my case should ship not later than Monday the 27th of October. I pre-ordered in Sep and have waited semi patiently for over a month. While they do respond I am getting very impatient on the lack of an actual shipment. I would think that Stylz would be anxious to get this out there. I would like some sort of gesture for my trouble, maybe overnight shipping for free. That would be taking care of your customers who pre-ordered on good faith and waited (what I consider) an unbelievable amount of time to receive a product when you take the money right away. Bad business practice Stylz. Let's get it together.
phoenixfire1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:42 AM   #19
STYLZ
STYLZ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi Phoenix,

You are absolutly right. Of course we want our covers as soon as possible out there but not with an unfinished product our a product that is 99,9%

Ones we shipped all covers we will be back on track with next day shipping, as usual.

Kind regards,

STYLZ
STYLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #20
phoenixfire1965
phoenixfire1965 began at the beginning.

So I got an email from Stylz saying that shipping was confirmed for the 27th and they would only be charging 50% of the shipping cost. Hope this case is worth the wait.
phoenixfire1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #21
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I found these newly posted covers by Bobarra and ordered one, a little pricey but I love the look of them. I should get it in just a few days as well as my Kindle, so I will let you know how well constructed it is...

Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:01 AM   #22
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
On the plus side, it looks like Stylz is shipping the cases quicker than Amazon was able to ship the Kindles last year.... I'd be willing to cut them a little slack, they are in the Netherlands.... Kinda far away from all of us.... Can they even get Kindles out there?

For those of you who ordered a case, how much was the shipping?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:31 AM   #23
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
On the plus side, it looks like Stylz is shipping the cases quicker than Amazon was able to ship the Kindles last year.... I'd be willing to cut them a little slack, they are in the Netherlands.... Kinda far away from all of us.... Can they even get Kindles out there?

For those of you who ordered a case, how much was the shipping?
I paid $6.45 USD, and I got an email from them stating that they are making up the difference as a goodwill gesture.
I ordered and paid on the 3rd September.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #24
adfleisher
Enthusiast
adfleisher doesn't litteradfleisher doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 360, Nook
My cases came in from Stylzworld.com today, and overall I m very impressed with the quality. They are a bit heavier in weight than I expected from the other cases I have reviewed, but overall it isn't much of a hinderance. Stitching is very well done, and the holding system very secure. I especially apreciate the fact that there is about a half-inch above and below the Kindle to help prevent from accidental damage, something notably missing from the other cases I have aquired.

Of the two the Avant Garde is definately more masculine. The Kosmo has a jarring lime green as an internal accent color for the pockets, definately giving it a more feminine look, which is actually disapointing to me, as I typically prefer a natural leather look to black.

I will update with pictures tonight after work, but aside from the long wait time, I don't think anyone who took the risk on this case will be disapointed.

BigDrew
adfleisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #25
nohmi2
Pensively observing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfleisher View Post
My cases came in from Stylzworld.com today, and overall I m very impressed with the quality. They are a bit heavier in weight than I expected from the other cases I have reviewed, but overall it isn't much of a hinderance. Stitching is very well done, and the holding system very secure. I especially apreciate the fact that there is about a half-inch above and below the Kindle to help prevent from accidental damage, something notably missing from the other cases I have aquired.

Of the two the Avant Garde is definately more masculine. The Kosmo has a jarring lime green as an internal accent color for the pockets, definately giving it a more feminine look, which is actually disapointing to me, as I typically prefer a natural leather look to black.

I will update with pictures tonight after work, but aside from the long wait time, I don't think anyone who took the risk on this case will be disapointed.

BigDrew
I am still waiting, and will also give my views when I do receive it, but very pleased that you are happy with yours.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:15 PM   #26
nohmi2
Pensively observing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post
I am still waiting, and will also give my views when I do receive it, but very pleased that you are happy with yours.
Originally Posted by adfleisher

Right. I have also now received mine, and agree with all of the above.
If I was being picky (which of course I'm not) I am somewhat disappointed that it is not able to be folded backwards when fully open, as the clips don't work.
Apart from that, I think that it's very elegant and well made.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:38 AM   #27
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Okay, I'm on the US east coast and I'm waiting on mine!
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #28
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfleisher
If I was being picky (which of course I'm not) I am somewhat disappointed that it is not able to be folded backwards when fully open, as the clips don't work.
Unfortunately, this was the one feature that sold me on considering the stylz cover. Don't want to give up one handed reading (unless its for some other functionality like a built in light).

How thick is the cover with the Kindle inside?

Glad they arrived and everyone is so pleased!!
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:17 PM   #29
AlanF
AlanF began at the beginning.

Quote:
I am somewhat disappointed that it is not able to be folded backwards when fully open, as the clips don't work.
Apart from that, I think that it's very elegant and well made.
You can't fold it backwards? Their web site shows the cover folded backwards when reading. Is this incorrect?
AlanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:02 PM   #30
adfleisher
Enthusiast
adfleisher doesn't litteradfleisher doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 360, Nook
It folds backwards fine for me. Using it that way right now. If the clips are loose just squeeze them in a bit and then slide the kindle back into them. They may have shifted a bit in transit.
adfleisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!