Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-25-2010, 10:51 AM   #16
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
I could get by without others quite easily, but for me the vital apps are:

Comic Zeal
Air Video
Dropbox
Stanza
FileBrowser
GoodReader
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:11 AM   #17
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Stanza
iBooks
Geosphere
Leonard Maltin's Movie Guide
Netflix
Pulse
Atomic Web Browser
Weatherbug
Road Trip
AOPA Airports
DirecTV
Bento
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:35 AM   #18
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Not counting apps that came with the machine like Mail, the apps I use the most are:
AppAdvice
ebay
Netflix (needs fast WiFi)
Weather HD
Zillow (Realty app, I love seeing what people paid for their houses)
Bebot (this is a guilty pleasure)
Clickomania (game)
Sudoku Tablet (game)
Antimatter (game)
NFB (only with fast WiFi)
I just got Informant HD (calendar) and I have to work with it awhile to see if it is worth the sale price of $7.

Last edited by pagansoul; 07-26-2010 at 07:39 AM.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #19
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Kindle App
Shredder Chess
Netflix
ibooks
Weather
Pcalc

Those and Safari is about all I use. I haven't put an email account on my ipad. Its a device for my entertainment only!!
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #20
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Okay, so no one's posted in this thread in six months. I doubt the info here is that dated.

I just found out about the free Cox TV Connect for iPad app and downloaded it. It works like a charm! Trouble is, there's nothing on the tube worth watching. It doesn't have all the channels my Cox cable has, and one of the MIA is the Comedy Channel. It would be nice to be able to watch the Jon Stewart & Colbert Shows.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-11-2012 at 08:20 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #21
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
IBooks
Dropbox
Cardsharks collection (60+ games!)
Bejewled (the newest one)
Scrabble
Angry Birds HD
Monopoly
Word Search Arcade bowl.

Whats really neat is to download these when they are 99 cents!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:21 AM   #22
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Scrabble is cool, DG. I play against the computer all the time. Don't use iBooks very much, although I recently downloaded Stephen Hawking's latest because the color graphics wouldn't look too good on a Kindle.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #23
paulak39
Connoisseur
paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: IpadAir; IpadMini2; FireHDX8.9; Kindle Voyage
My favorite app at the moment is PBS, where I'm enjoying episodes of Downton Abbey on Masterpiece Classics.
paulak39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #24
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Apart from the basics (Mail, Contacts, Calendar)

For reading:
Kindle
GoodReader
New York Times and Le Monde
Comixology Comics

For note taking:
Handwritten: Noteshelf, which may be replaced by the newest version of Notes Plus
Typed: Notebooks
Due for periodical reminders

Games:
Various versions of Angry Birds
Mahjong Towers
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #25
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Scrabble... I forgot Words with friends (scrabble played against online friends - I'm FlorenceArt) and Hanging with friends (hangman's game).
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #26
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Scrabble is cool, DG. I play against the computer all the time. Don't use iBooks very much, although I recently downloaded Stephen Hawking's latest because the color graphics wouldn't look too good on a Kindle.
Me too, love Scrabble! I even went on ebay and bought the 50th anniversary edition of the game to play with the 8 yr old granddaughter.

I found a great hint for kids......to keep them interested, build their vocabulary, and level the playing field, let them use the dictionary to build words until they are comfortable.

I swear, I think the main reason I orginially bought the Ipad 2 was because of the way the pages turned.......

However, I've found it extremely comfortable to read on, and for any books with illustrations in color, or graphs, or pdf's, you can beat the results.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #27
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
I LOVE Scrabble, too! I'm on twice a day taking my turns, and I keep multiple games going!
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #28
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulak39 View Post
My favorite app at the moment is PBS, where I'm enjoying episodes of Downton Abbey on Masterpiece Classics.
Do you get Jeeves & Wooster on that app?
Old 01-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #29
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Apart from the basics (Mail, Contacts, Calendar)

For reading:
Kindle
GoodReader
New York Times and Le Monde
Comixology Comics

For note taking:
Handwritten: Noteshelf, which may be replaced by the newest version of Notes Plus
Typed: Notebooks
Due for periodical reminders

Games:
Various versions of Angry Birds
Mahjong Towers
I use Comixology & GoodReader.

BTW (off-topic): Do you know where I can get a good calendar for my PC? The Windows calendar that came with the computer is the pits. It keeps messing up and not reminding me of appointments, then when I open it, it will display two or three that I've missed. Then it will work for a while and stop again.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #30
paulak39
Connoisseur
paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: IpadAir; IpadMini2; FireHDX8.9; Kindle Voyage
1) WT Sharpe: No, couldn't find Jeeves & Wooster on the PBS app.

2) And, as some already mentioned, Scrabble is a very enjoyable app. It's a favorite of mine, too.
paulak39 is offline   Reply With Quote