Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 01:58 PM   #61
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
You assume that if I sold it I would suddenly not care about prospective buyers, and would stop telling them the truth about this product. Right? Or, I'm assuming that incorrectly?
No, not at all. I'm just surprised that you carry on using a device that you're so unhappy with. If I was as dissatisfied with a book reader as you give the impression of being with your Gen3, I'd ditch it and get something I was happier with. Why keep something that you seem to hate so much?
Old 04-08-2008, 02:11 PM   #62
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky69 View Post
I have never seen another e-book reader in my life besides my own, but the PRS-505 must surely exist as the best current dedicated e-book reader despite some really retarded flaws becauuuuuuseeeee the thing itself does always work.
I'm also a proponent of call-outs, so any blood-shedding only feeds my desire for more mobile reading discussion.
On the other hand, I think Harry T is a pretty good arbitrator on these forums and I've never seen him display a real agenda. Then again, why would I have?
My cybook always works, it just has some problems that I think are serious and that I think should have been taken care of before the thing ever went on sale. Certainly should have been taken care of by now. Bookeen's very terrible habits of ignoring customer emails and neglecting to share important information with all their customers just make me angrier; where if they instead chose to show they cared, it'd alleviate some of my displeasure.

As far as blood shedding and Harry T's agenda, you simply should read more in the cybook forum.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #63
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Bookeen's very terrible habits of ignoring customer emails
They've got a heck of a lot better at answering e-mails in the last month or so - they seem to have taken on more customer support staff. Eg, this morning's e-mail, asking about the firmware upgrade, I sent at 8:42am and got a reply at 9:53am. If there are questions you've asked in the past and not had a reply to, it would probably be worth asking again.

A suggestion: I know that you have an issue regarding not finding words in the dictionary you bought. That issue seems to be unique to that specific dictionary. Have you asked the store you bought the dictionary from if they'll issue you a refund so you can get a different dictionary? Most eBook stores are pretty good at doing that kind of thing when books have problems with particular devices (and that does happen quite a lot).
Old 04-09-2008, 02:14 AM   #64
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Wow, between you, Harry and you, Christine, I would have to say that, unless you are both planning a very emotional reconciliation soon, this is the very worst erotic novel I've ever heard of.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 04-09-2008, 03:53 AM   #65
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Wow, between you, Harry and you, Christine, I would have to say that, unless you are both planning a very emotional reconciliation soon, this is the very worst erotic novel I've ever heard of.

Cheers,
Marc
Could get a bit messy !
Old 04-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #66
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

Cheers,
Marc
There was going to be a steamy make up scene, but you've ruined the mood. We're going to eat pizza and watch CSI instead.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #67
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Well, there's a lot to be said for friendship too. And pizza.

Here's the Wikipedia lists of erotic writers for anyone wanting to look:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...f_erotic_works
and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Erotica_writers
Old 04-09-2008, 08:56 PM   #68
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
There was going to be a steamy make up scene, but you've ruined the mood. We're going to eat pizza and watch CSI instead.
What's Grissom wearing, and what kind of pizza? (Don't skimp on the details)

Cheers,
Marc
Old 04-10-2008, 06:36 AM   #69
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you're brave enough you can always pop into literotica . com for juicy stories and poems , though be aware it does cater for more than the written words .......... though I don't think any of the written stuff is available in any form for e-readers .
Old 04-10-2008, 08:36 AM   #70
cmbs
non-believer

My cybook reads txt and html, and both are easily converted to prc. Takes a few seconds to grab a page of txt and save it to the cybook, same for saving as html.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:52 AM   #71
GeoffC

Quote:
My cybook reads txt and html, and both are easily converted to prc. Takes a few seconds to grab a page of txt and save it to the cybook, same for saving as html.
Exactly what I thought - but didn't want to say it in case someone gets upset !
Closed Thread