Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
anDiabhail
anDiabhail
anDiabhail began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, iPad
Talking Hi from Ireland

Just bought a Sony PSR300, and am impressed so far with it.
An avid reader, I actually bought it to stop me cramming the charity shop with books that I like but simply don't have space for any more.

My main computer at home is a mac.
Also have iPhone and if I HAVE to I use a PC

Was gonna wait for the iSlate from Apple, but as usual it seems to be overpriced at least at first.

Any good download sites, or relevant information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jay
anDiabhail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
Vector
Senile Delinquent
Vector will become famous soon enoughVector will become famous soon enoughVector will become famous soon enoughVector will become famous soon enoughVector will become famous soon enoughVector will become famous soon enough

Device: several
Welcome. This site is a good download site. Any files in epub or lrf format will be fine on your reader. A good site to help you find ebooks is http://inkmesh.com/
Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Jay and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 505 for over two years and really like it. And I buy a lot of books from Kobo (http://www.kobobooks.com/). When buy a book from them and download it to your Mac/PC it automatically downloads to your iPhone as well.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
anDiabhail
anDiabhail
anDiabhail began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, iPad
Thanks. I'm a bit like a kid in a sweetshop ( more like an alcoholic at a free bar ) right now.
anDiabhail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:56 PM   #5
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to the site.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR - heaps of tips, tricks, nice people, free books and fun. And yes, I know what you mean with being a kid in a sweatshop - shouldn't last more than a couple of weeks though :-)
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:47 PM   #7
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
Hi & welcome to MR - heaps of tips, tricks, nice people, free books and fun. And yes, I know what you mean with being a kid in a sweatshop - shouldn't last more than a couple of weeks though :-)
I think the OP said 'sweetshop' not 'sweatshop'. Very different things - particularly when comparing levels of contentment of children in the respective environments
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #8
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I think the OP said 'sweetshop' not 'sweatshop'. Very different things - particularly when comparing levels of contentment of children in the respective environments
Old 01-23-2010, 06:58 PM   #9
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
Sorry - just one of the more unfortunate typos I've seen -
Old 01-23-2010, 07:00 PM   #10
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Oh, sorry, where are my manners? This is a thread to welcome anDiabhail after all.

Welcome anDiabhail
Old 01-23-2010, 07:10 PM   #11
Katti's Cat
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Sorry - just one of the more unfortunate typos I've seen -
well yeah, you got that right. No excuse here. Well maybe, kind of - was before my second cup of coffee. But still
Old 01-24-2010, 07:35 PM   #12
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:13 PM   #13
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome! We like the Irish.

(P.S. we like everyone really....don't tell though)
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:56 AM   #14
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Jay
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote